4 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2014 9:33 AM by Craig S RSS

Apex 4.2 Interactive Report Filter Conditions

Craig S

I just updated from APEX 4 to 4.2 and am having a bit of an issue finding user filter conditions.

In the old version I made an oracle package to pull out user filter conditions from wwv_flow_worksheet_conditions and then construct queries based on them.  However, in 4.2 they don't seem to be inserted into the table when I set a filter.

Are they now stored in a new place or could I be doing something wrong?  I had a quick search but I couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Apex 4.2 Interactive Report Filter Conditions
          fac586

Craig S wrote:

I just updated from APEX 4 to 4.2 and am having a bit of an issue finding user filter conditions.

In the old version I made an oracle package to pull out user filter conditions from wwv_flow_worksheet_conditions and then construct queries based on them.  However, in 4.2 they don't seem to be inserted into the table when I set a filter.

Are they now stored in a new place or could I be doing something wrong?

I'd say that using the undocumented (and hence unsupported) WWV_FLOW_WORKSHEET_CONDITIONS table was wrong. Using undocumented features usually leads to problems like this at some point.

Have you considered using the documented APEX_APPLICATION_PAGE_IR_COND view?

• 2. Re: Apex 4.2 Interactive Report Filter Conditions
            Craig S

I did look at APEX_APPLICATION_PAGE_IR_COND when I originally wrote the package but there was something  needed that I couldn't get from the view. I will have another look at trying to use that instead once I've figured out what is wrong.

Whether I use the view or tables though, the filter conditions are not getting saved in 4.2 but they do in 4, is there any reason that this might happen?

• 3. Re: Apex 4.2 Interactive Report Filter Conditions
              fac586

Craig S wrote:

I did look at APEX_APPLICATION_PAGE_IR_COND when I originally wrote the package but there was something  needed that I couldn't get from the view. I will have another look at trying to use that instead once I've figured out what is wrong.

Whether I use the view or tables though, the filter conditions are not getting saved in 4.2 but they do in 4, is there any reason that this might happen?

They show up as expected in APEX_APPLICATION_PAGE_IR_COND on apex.oracle.com (4.2.5.00.08).

Do a "live" check on APEX_APPLICATION_PAGE_IR_COND in the APEX view utility while you are changing the report, rather than using your package.

What else has changed as a result of this upgrade? What did you do to make WWV_FLOW_WORKSHEET_CONDITIONS accessible to the package? Is that still valid? (For example: Is the package accessing the table/view in the APEX_040200 schema where the IR changes are now taking place, rather than the original APEX_040000 schema?)

• 4. Re: Apex 4.2 Interactive Report Filter Conditions
                Craig S

Brilliant, thanks, it was there, just not from my developer session.