1 Reply Latest reply: May 2, 2014 9:17 AM by Joe Weinstein-Oracle RSS

wls1211_generic.jar & wls_121200.jar & OCI

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci:@", info); work prefect on weblogic installed from(wls1211_generic.jar)!

But when i try run it under weblogic installed from wls_121200.jar it throw "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path"

System.getProperty("java.library.path");

wls_121200.jarwls1211_generic.jar
      D:\app\product\112~1.0\client_1\BINBIN;D:\app\product\11.2.0\client_1\BIN;

when I start weblogic(wls_121200.jar) with "-Djava.library.path=D:\app\product\11.2.0\client_1\BIN;" it throw "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError ocijdbc11.dll: Can't find dependent libraries"

How to resolve this problem?

P.S. I am sorry for my english.

• 1. Re: wls1211_generic.jar & wls_121200.jar & OCI
          Joe Weinstein-Oracle

You can make your life much simpler and lose nothing if you were to use the JDBC driver in the 'thin' mode, not 'oci'.

The oci mode is not recommended for several reasons:

1 - There is a brittle one-to-one relationship between a given version of the JDBC driver jar, with a given version of

the Oracle OCI client libraries, so if you change the driver version (WLS versions have different driver versions),

then you would have to install the new/appropriate OCI libraries.

2 - Any bug in OCI native code can kill an entire JVM/weblogic server.

There is nothing nowadays that the driver operating in the thin mode cannot do, that it can do in the OCI mode,

and using it that way allows you to run or change among any multiple versions of the driver without concern,

as they run independently and are completely self-contained.