3 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 12:35 PM by Kabeer Khan

Creating Revision for PO

User910243567

As part of forms personalization requirement we are updating specific column at PO_LINES level using Action type BUILTIN and calling a custom package.

• 1. Re: Creating Revision for PO
          Kabeer Khan

First of all your approach of directly updating a transaction table PO_LINES itself is wrong. I believe that's the reason why the revision is getting created on a direct update. You need to first correct this by potentially using a Public API.

Secondly, pls describe the exact business requirement that had led to forms personalization as a solution? Perhaps we can look for other potential solutions (based on the requirement).

Regards

Kabeer Khan

www.aclnz.com

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating Revision for PO
            User910243567

Thanks for your response. Based on your response, I want to do small correction to your statement that on direct update a revision is not getting created, that is that is the  outstanding issue. I agree its bad practice to update base tables, Now we are looking using API and 'PO_CHANGE_API1_S.UPDATE_PO' which we are trying to use has limited columns to update at PO Lines level, the field which we are trying to update 'Contract' at lines level is not up-datable by API. We are looking at any other API's or options which we can use.

Requirement: Is to carryover a DFF value which entered at Header Level to Lines.

Can you please throw some ideas on this.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Creating Revision for PO
              Kabeer Khan

Its not clear from your 'requirement' that you want to carry over one (or more) header level DFF segment to line-level DFF segment. OR you want to carry over  one (or more) header level DFF segment to line-level columns (which are not part of line level DFF). Also, the requirement you have noted is in technical terms. It would be more helpful if you can describe what business wants in terms of their requirement (rather than giving the technical solution as a requirement).

Anyway, based on your description I believe you may leverage the colon functionality to dynamically get the value from header DFF to lines. That is :$FLEX$.<segment name>. In this case you may want to create a custom 'table validated' value set for line-level DFF.

Regards

Kabeer Khan

www.aclnz.com

Message was edited by: Kabeer Khan