10 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2014 8:17 PM by Ashishk-Oracle RSS

installing 11.2.0.4 patch

Roger22

Hi,

I am on a new machine, it hasn't any Oracle products installed. Can I install directly the 11.2.0.4 patch, or I need some "lower" version of Oracle Database (11.2.0.1) and then apply the patch?

Is it ok to directly install the patch and just that, in order to have Oracle Database 11.2.0.4 installed?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
          Top.Gun

yes, it is a full installation

• 2. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
            Girish Sharma

Yes, 11.2.0.4 patch directly, because its a full install.  You don't need to download and install 11.2.0.1, because starting from 11.2.0.2 Oracle provides patchsets as a full installation packages with Out-Of-Place upgrade feature.

Regards

Girish Sharma

• 3. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
              Roger22

Thank you!

• 4. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
                Girish Sharma

Yes, no need to have prior version. 11.2.0.4 is a full install.  Just install and show us the output of select * from v$version;....

Regards

Girish Sharma

• 5. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
                  Roger22

Even if I'm connected with my MOS user into My Oracle Support page, when I try to download one of those packages (1of6.zip for example), I got "You do not have the required access privilege to download this patch".

But.. which access privilege? I have a valid MOS account and I downloaded many patches until now.

Thanks

• 6. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
                    Girish Sharma

A patch's download access type is listed on the Patch Details page. If your SI does not have the required patch download access, you cannot download the patch. For example, if a patch has Operating System download access, but your SI does not have access to download Operating System patches, then you cannot download the patch. Contact your Customer User Administrator (CUA) to request the required download access.

Patches and Updates

Regards

Girish Sharma

• 7. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
                      Girish Sharma

A patch's download access type is listed on the patch details page and on the patch search results. If your Support Identifier (Support ID) does not have the required patch download access then you cannot download the patch. For example, if a patch has Operating System download access, but your Support ID does not have access to download Operating System patches, then you cannot download the patch.

In addition, if the Customer User Administrator (CUA) has set the download patches privilege to No (View Only) for a Support ID in your profile, then you cannot download patches unless another Support ID in your profile has the download patches privilege set to Yes (Download).

To view your patch download access, go to the Settings tab then click Account & Privileges.

For additional information about patch download privileges, see Knowledge Document 1269292.1, "How Patches and Updates Entitlement Works":

My Oracle Support

Regards

Girish Sharma

• 8. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
                        Roger22

Yes, I'm on that tab. And I can see:

Patch Download Access

You have Download Patches Privilege with the following Patch Download Access:

Software, General

And on Patch 13390677 page I can see that Download Access is "Software". Then why I cannot download the patch?

Also, I can see on Support Identifiers page the name of my organization which gave me the access, and there is an Access section on that table, with:

Service Requests - set to Read Only

Patches - set to Download

Assets - No access

• 9. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
                          Aman....

This is a question that you should take to your ORacle support Account Manager.It seems that either your contract has been expired or your MOS admin has revoked your rights.

Aman....

• 10. Re: installing 11.2.0.4 patch
                            Ashishk-Oracle

If you are still able to open service request, then you may open one for patch download issue, else speak with your account manager and he should be able to help you.

Thanks,

Ashish