2 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2014 10:44 AM by syusuf RSS

How to define a modifier which qualifies a special discount for a group of items

syusuf

i have a requirement to define  a modifier .the requirement is as follow :

i have a requirement as per which we need to apply a disocunt on a group of items which if sold then they will be eligible for a specific amount of discount . How can i achieve this. Please advise.

example: i have items A,B,C ,D for which there is special discount package

Now if a customer put an order for items A,B,C,D,E,F then the items A, B,C,D is eligible for a special discount of amount Rs.XXX

Item E and F which are included in the order should not come under this special discount.

• 1. Re: How to define a modifier which qualifies a special discount for a group of items
          JessicaWilson

I think this article describes what you are looking for:

How To Make A Discount For Group Orders; Buy Products A,B,C Together Get 10% Off Total Price (Doc ID 567396.1)

• 2. Re: How to define a modifier which qualifies a special discount for a group of items
            syusuf

Hi Thanks for the document it is help ful . I have some additon to the above requirement which is described as follow:

We have 2 Group of Items

Group A has Items 1a ,2a ,3a

Group B has Items 1b,2b ,3b

Now Ooption1) If customer buy One unit each item of Group A and B together , then he is eligible for a Discount say 70,000 instead of Original Price 100,000

or Option  2)  If customer buy Two unit each item of Group A and B together , then he is eligible for a Discount say 70,000*2=140,000 instead of Original Price 100,000*2=200,000

But if he buy any item from the Group A or B out of this trend eg If he Opt Option 1 and he also buy 2 units of 1a . Then the extra units is not eligible for special discount rather it will come under Nornal Discount.

Simply we can say it a Deal , if customer buy 1 deal then special discount

if customer buy 2 deals then special discount

and so on

Otherwise Normal Discount should be applicable

Regards Salum