4 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2014 10:21 AM by John Reese RSS

Bounded task flow not working for a page with dynamic region

John Reese

In my ADF application I've one Country page (.jspx), In which I've added one panel splitter. In left pane I am rendering the links while in right page I'm rendering the country details for each country as dynamic region. For the sake of understanding let's name it CountryPage.

For CountryPage managed bean I've kept the scope as "View" as suggested by Shay Shmeltzer in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNipIBn5Zv0 for proper dynamic region switching. Hence when I run CountryPage alone all things works fine.

Now as a requirement I'll have a dashboard page. This dashboard page will hold links to many modules (Country is one of them). So I've created a bounded task flow for Dashboard page and added all the modules links.

But when I try to add CountryPage's bounded task flow it doesn't work. It don't open the page and gives the following error in log.

<Error> <oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.DCTaskFlowBinding> <BEA-000000> <data.view_CountryPagePageDef.dynamicRegion1>

I've tried putting Page of CountryPage (not a bounded task flow of CountryPage) in Dashboard's Bounded Task Flow, than it works if I select the CountryPage direclty (visiting the CountryPage as first page). If I visit other link -> Back to Dashboard -> visit CountryPage, Than It didn't work. It throws the same error.

I've tried changing the scope of CountryPage's managed bean to all other options (Wild guess though) but it didn't work.

This works fine for Bounded Task Flow of CountryPage if I change the managed bean's scope from "View" to "BackingBean" for CountryPage. but than it breaks the switching between the dynamic region.

I am using jDeveloper 12.1.2.0.0

• 1. Re: Bounded task flow not working for a page with dynamic region
          dvohra21

<Error> <oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.DCTaskFlowBinding> <BEA-000000> <data.view_CountryPagePageDef.dynamicRegion1>

is not a complete error message.

What is the error message?

• 2. Re: Bounded task flow not working for a page with dynamic region
            John Reese

Below is the full error log

<May 4, 2014 10:36:17 AM IST> <Warning> <oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.TableRenderer> <BEA-000000> <falling back to scrolling mode since we need parent component to flow and authHeightRows=0>

<May 4, 2014 10:36:17 AM IST> <Warning> <oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.TableRenderer> <BEA-000000> <falling back to scrolling mode since we need parent component to flow and authHeightRows=0>

<May 4, 2014 10:36:35 AM IST> <Warning> <oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.TableRenderer> <BEA-000000> <falling back to scrolling mode since we need parent component to flow and authHeightRows=0>

<May 4, 2014 10:36:35 AM IST> <Warning> <oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.TableRenderer> <BEA-000000> <falling back to scrolling mode since we need parent component to flow and authHeightRows=0>

<May 4, 2014 10:36:53 AM IST> <Warning> <oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.TableRenderer> <BEA-000000> <falling back to scrolling mode since we need parent component to flow and authHeightRows=0>

<May 4, 2014 10:36:53 AM IST> <Warning> <oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.TableRenderer> <BEA-000000> <falling back to scrolling mode since we need parent component to flow and authHeightRows=0>

<May 4, 2014 10:36:55 AM IST> <Error> <oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.DCTaskFlowBinding> <BEA-000000> <data.view_CountryPagePageDef.dynamicRegion1>

but last three message were logged during the actual naviagtion where my logic does fails.

• 3. Re: Bounded task flow not working for a page with dynamic region
              Timo Hahn

It might be that you only see the last error because of the ones you see before.

Theses are from a table with scroll mode set to page but other partners,e.g. authHeightRows is not set to 0.

Then check the pageDef of the region view_CountryPagePageDef. Did out look ok?

Timo

• 4. Re: Bounded task flow not working for a page with dynamic region
                John Reese

it looks like below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<pageDefinition xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adfm/uimodel" version="12.1.2.66.68" id="CountryPagePageDef"

Package="newapp.country.pages">

<parameters/>

<executables>

<variableIterator id="variables"/>

<taskFlow id="dynamicRegion1" taskFlowId="${viewScope.CountryPageBean.dynamicTaskFlowId}" activation="deferred"

xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/controller/binding"/>

</executables>

<bindings/>

</pageDefinition>