3 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2014 3:44 PM by rp0428 RSS

Oracle 12c Multi-tenant ROI

bobmagan

I am about to start exploring the Oracle 12c Multi-tenant option (Pluggable DB's) and was wondering if anyone had solid comparisons of this vs a standard 12c set up. I currently have many separate instances running on my env and would like to look at replacing this with a single instance running multiple PDB's. I'm hoping someone has done this and can recommend things I can look at (SQL's, Enterprise Manager...) that will help show the ROI for moving to PDB's. Thanks

• 1. Re: Oracle 12c Multi-tenant ROI
          rp0428
          I am about to start exploring the Oracle 12c Multi-tenant option (Pluggable DB's) and was wondering if anyone had solid comparisons of this vs a standard 12c set up. I currently have many separate instances running on my env and would like to look at replacing this with a single instance running multiple PDB's. I'm hoping someone has done this and can recommend things I can look at (SQL's, Enterprise Manager...) that will help show the ROI for moving to PDB's.

Have you reviewed the two White Papers that Oracle has published? If not, you may want to start there. The links to them are on this main page

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/overview/index.html

• 2. Re: Oracle 12c Multi-tenant ROI
            Emad Al-Mousa

i am currently involved in migrating our landscape from 11g to 12c with Multi-tenant Architecture.....so far i think the 12c Multi-tenant Architecture will help a lot in terms of provisioning,administration,...etc

we have faced so fare challenges related to our internal "consolidation" strategy since we have different kind of applications that we are supporting with different setup requirements.

here is a link for 12c multi-tenant features and architecture: Oracle Database 12c Multitenant Architecture – CDB & PDB | Geodata Master

Oracle Multitenant Architecture | Geodata Master

Regards,

• 3. Re: Oracle 12c Multi-tenant ROI
              rp0428
              i am currently involved in migrating our landscape from 11g to 12c with Multi-tenant Architecture.....so far i think the 12c Multi-tenantArchitecture will help a lot in terms of provisioning,administration,...etc

we have faced so fare challenges related to our internal "consolidation" strategy since we have different kind of applications that we are supporting with different setup requirements.

Can you share any of the specifics about setup issues you ran into?

What sort of memory configuration are you using for the CDB and PDBs?