Hi Peter -
I think a transition from EA to RR document is a good idea.
So far, I have found that I have to do the following to port the projects from EA to RR:
1) Create a new project in NetBeans with the same name as the EA project
2) Create the package(s) as necessary
3) Copy the Java files from the EA project to the RR project (in NetBeans)
4) Remove all of the com.oracle.deviceaccess import statements
5) Press Ctrl-H and substitute Peripheral with Device
6) Remove any errant exceptions as necessary
7) Manually add the MIDlets, and permissions
If there is a way to modify the NetBeans project files manually, I'd love to know, because #7 is a pain.