2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 11:17 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Column names pre-populate in editor

schmittcw

Hi!

I just have an observation and question. In a previous version of SQL Developer (3.x, I'm not sure which precise build), when typing filters in the data tab of the editor for a table, column names would automatically pre-populate in the drop down.

In 4.0.1.14, that no longer happens. You can still click the arrow and see the columns that match, but that's not nearly as convenient. I mean, obviously this isn't a bug, but is there somewhere in the preferences or settings that would re-enable that? Or has that feature been removed entirely?

Thanks!

Chris

• 1. Re: Column names pre-populate in editor
          Gary Graham-Oracle

I do not know the back story on why the Completion Insight feature is no longer automatically "on" for the object viewer's Data tab.  It may be a bug, or it may have been intentional.  The Tools > Preferences... > Code Editor > Completion Insight settings seem to have no effect.

Fortunately the shortcut key for Completion Insight, Ctrl+Space, either before or after typing something in the Filter input area, works fine.

Regards,

Gary

SQL Developer Team

• 2. Re: Column names pre-populate in editor
            thatJeffSmith-Oracle

I had the 'automatic' bit of the feature removed - while typing a column name, the pop-up would frequently get in the way, and it was very hard to select something w/o the already-typed in text not getting corrupted. But like Gary said, you can still get the help, you just have to ask for it.