5 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2014 5:51 AM by fac586 RSS

column heading and column data merging

SAYYED

Hi

I am having an calendar application from where i am calling one popup page(window) using j query and java script.

I have provided Layout and Pagination>>Report Template >>template : 25 value Attribute Pairs

while i am calling pop window  from calendar page

if column data is more, then data and column heading merging to-gather.

Please check below appended Example  for more reference, and help me to over come this problem.

Ex:

Here description column having large data due to this description column heading and data is merging and as well start date columns also.

Event Details

Close

• Name APAC Sales New Hire Program
      •   Description   The Sales New Hire program is an integrated induction process, consisting of 4 streams of training, designed to unlock your productivity and potential and prepare you for a successful sales career at Oracle. 
      • Start Date 20-MAY-14
      • End Date 20-MAY-14
      • Duration 4 days
      • Start Time 00:00:00
      • End Time 00:00:00
      • Timezone Singapore Standard Time
      • Region ASEAN
      • Country SG
      • City Sibsagar

• 1. Re: column heading and column data merging
          fac586

SAYYED wrote:

Hi

I am having an calendar application from where i am calling one popup page(window) using j query and java script.

I have provided Layout and Pagination>>Report Template >>template : 25 value Attribute Pairs

while i am calling pop window  from calendar page

if column data is more, then data and column heading merging to-gather.

Please check below appended Example  for more reference, and help me to over come this problem.

Ex:

Here description column having large data due to this description column heading and data is merging and as well start date columns also.

Event Details

• Name APAC Sales New Hire Program
          •   Description   The Sales New Hire program is an integrated induction process, consisting of 4 streams of training, designed to unlock your productivity and potential and prepare you for a successful sales career at Oracle.
          • Start Date 20-MAY-14
          • End Date 20-MAY-14
          • Duration 4 days
          • Start Time 00:00:00
          • End Time 00:00:00
          • Timezone Singapore Standard Time
          • Region ASEAN
          • Country SG
          • City Sibsagar

This "example" shows nothing. No one can reproduce this as we don't have your application, tables, or data. If you want help with a layout or visual formatting problem, please reproduce the problem with a real example on apex.oracle.com so we can actually see it.

• 2. Re: column heading and column data merging
            SAYYED

Please use the below mentioned login details for more references.

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=83943:1:9296170527148:::::.

Workspace: TEST2244

Username:  sayyedibrahim19@gmail.com

Password: ibrahim

• 3. Re: column heading and column data merging
              fac586

The Value Atrribute Pairs report template used in the pop-up only supports displaying single-line values out-of-the-box. To display multi-line values, the theme CSS must be overridden. One way to do this is:

ul.uValuePairs li span.uValueHeading {
                width: 6em !important;
                float: left;
              }
              ul.uValuePairs li span.uValue {
                position: static !important;
                margin-left: 7em;
              }

(The !important directives can be removed if these rules are located after the theme style sheet in the cascade.)

See page 1 in your application for an example.

• 4. Re: column heading and column data merging
                SAYYED

Hi,

Thanks for your replay, this is what the exact output what i am looking.

as you mentioned (The !important directives can be removed if these rules are located after the theme style sheet in the cascade.), is there any big impact if add this code?

Thanks and regards,

Ibrahim Sayyed.

• 5. Re: column heading and column data merging
                  fac586

SAYYED wrote:

Thanks for your replay, this is what the exact output what i am looking.

as you mentioned (The !important directives can be removed if these rules are located after the theme style sheet in the cascade.), is there any big impact if add this code?

Depends where you add it. As it stands it will affect any report using the Value Atrribute Pairs template. If you only want to customize the layout when its used for this calendar pop-up, then implement it as shown in the Inline CSS property of the Calendar page (assuming there are no other reports using the template on that page).

If you want to make this reusable across a number of pages, then it would be advisable to create a copy of the report template, add another class to the list element and use that specifically for styling the pop-up, with an external style sheet that can be included on pages as required.