4 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2014 3:09 PM by user13051420 RSS

Closed browser when closing forms

user13051420

Hi,

How I can close browser window when user close forms via following options

1. Ctrl + Q

2. F4

3. Close Form Window (Click X on Form Window)

I have seen few links which discussiing about the similar problem, but if somebody can concisely elaborate those step, it will more helpful for me. Thanks.

Env.

Windows Server 2008 R2

Weblogic Server 10.3.5

Oracle Form & Report 11.1.2

• 1. Re: Closed browser when closing forms
          sfr.farhan

Hi,

Step 1

See the following links

How to Close the Browser Which Started a Forms Session (Doc ID 865745.1)

How to Close the Browser Window When Closing Forms Note:201481.1

https://community.oracle.com/message/9206031#9206031

Step 2

For Ctrl + Q, you need to see the following link (ID 1367967.1) for key mapping. When user action with this keys, it will automatically call browser closing logic as mention in step 1. No further action required.

Add entry like this in fmrweb.res file, see detail in below link

81   : 2 : "Ctrl+Q"         : 32 : "Exit"

Customizing Keymapping and Resource Files for Forms on the Web -fmrweb.res, fmrpcweb.res [ID 1367967.1]

For F4,  it is default closing key, When user action with keys, it will automatically call browser closing logic as mention in step 1. No further action required.

I hope, it will help you.

• 2. Re: Closed browser when closing forms
            user13051420

Thanks for your time,

I'm following as you said, I need to clarify one point here,

As mention ref links

Place the html file in a directory on server which can be accessed via a Oracle HTTP

Where I can find this path or define new Server virtual directory / alias?

• 3. Re: Closed browser when closing forms
              sfr.farhan

Hi,

You can find the location of existing virtual path at: 

INSTANCE_HOME\config\FormsComponent\forms\html

The above virtually maps to the following by default:

/forms/html/

Complete path would be like this: http://<server>:port/forms/html/closing.html

Regarding Setting new virtual path setting, for this you need to define virtual path in INSTANCE_HOME\config\OHS\ohs1\moduleconf\forms.conf and need to restart OHS service.

For information on creating a virtual path for the HTTP Server, please refer to the HTTP Server Administrator's Guide

I think, you better go with existing virtual path as mention above; once thing working fine then try to define new path and play with it.

• 4. Re: Closed browser when closing forms
                user13051420

Thanks a lot for your help,

As advised, thing going fine with existing path at the moment, I'll try with new virtual path now.