1 Reply Latest reply: May 7, 2014 8:58 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle RSS

NLS_Sort - Binary_AI option not available in Preferences

David.Michener

Using the latest Oracle SQL Developer (4.0.2.15.21), the Tools > Preferences > Database > NLS page does not have an option under the Sort property to set BINARY_AI as a choice.

Screenshot.

The application I'm developing using BINARY_AI as part of it's configuration, and when I test SQL statements from the my application in SQL Developer I will get different results unless I remember to manually run an ALTER SESSION command in SQL Developer.

Can the BINARY_AI option be set in SQL Developer so that I get this behavior on each start up of the application?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: NLS_Sort - Binary_AI option not available in Preferences
          Gary Graham-Oracle

Hi David,

It would be easy to add.  The data in the drop-down list of values mainly comes from the NLS locale info, but the BINARY and BINARY_CI are explicitly seeded.  Perhaps this was originally coded prior to the availability of accent insensitive sorting capability.

For the time-being, you could add the ALTER SESSION command in a login script, and set your preferences to start-up each connection with it:

Tools > Preferences... > Database > Filename for connection startup script

Regards,
          Gary

SQL Developer Team