I got a requirement/scenario to restore a backup of Oracle 11gR2 database. Imagine that I'm not aware of the database files and how the backup was taken by someone else. Now I would like to restore it, let me know how and securely the backup can be restored without disturbing the existing environment.
So for I have crossed the doc
Is there a valid restore document covering only RESTORE a Database using RMAN with oracle Docs?
1. Using RMAN RESTORE command we can restore the database.
2. A Valid/Consistent backup should be available to restore database in any format which RMAN Understands.
3. Needed Backup files - SPFile, Control File and Data File
Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
1. What are the things I need to consider before restoring?
2. What are the Questions/Info that I need to gather ?
3. Need to Collect ASM Details if any?