9 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2014 8:36 AM by CraigB RSS

Moving a column position on a form

Can I move a column in a form?  Meaning my client wants to move the date column on the form to the end, not the 2nd position in the form.  Should/can I do this in Custom.pll or in personalizations?  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Moving a column position on a form
          Rosario Vigilante

I don' remembere but

If I not wrong in LAF project by Francois exists something you are searching.

• 2. Re: Moving a column position on a form
            Neeraj_Shrivastava

Hi..No need for forms personalization \ Custom.pll changes.

To move a column in the form to the end, just hold the mouse pointer and drag the column to your to the right.

In order to reach the very end, just drag it few more times (in case your form has many columns). It takes few seconds only.

• 3. Re: Moving a column position on a form
              sfr.farhan

Hi,

Let's try this,

Set Item position  property in X and Y coordinates to define desire location at runtime.

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY(<item name>, POSITION, <x>, <y>);

For Example:

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('emp.hiredate', POSITION, 50, 100);

• 4. Re: Moving a column position on a form

So I would do this in a custom.pll?  Could I do it in a personalization?

• 5. Re: Moving a column position on a form
                  sfr.farhan

I think, you are discussing in manner of Oracle EBS custom library or personalization. right?

Because in traditional Oracle Form Application, we don't have any custom library which you are talking about, you need to directly code your logic on any desire event/trigger in form it self. or define setup at your own, based on this setup, you can hide/unhide, enabled/disabled etc.

• 6. Re: Moving a column position on a form
                    CraigB

Please ask your question in the EBS General Discussion forum for questions about the CUSTOM.pll or Forms Personalization; these are features of the Enterprise Business Suite.

If the form you want to modify is a "Custom" form, then I would agree with "user11409362" in that you could make the move in the Forms Builder so long as this does not affect other clients you might have.  If the form is an Oracle provided form, then modifying the form is not recommended and could violate your License Agreement with Oracle.

Craig...

• 7. Re: Moving a column position on a form
                      Neeraj_Shrivastava

To  accomplish this without forms personalization or custom.pll or any kind of code would be as follows:-

1. When you open the form in EBS, select the form field you want to move.

2. Click on Folder from the Menu uptions --> Click On Move right until you reach the position you want that column to be

3. Click on Folder --> click on Save --> Provide a name for the folder --> Select Autoquery --> Never ( depends on how u want it) --> Select the check box Open as Default ---> Optionally select the check box Public if you want this for all the users.

I tested this and works fine.

• 8. Re: Moving a column position on a form
                        Gurujothi

Hi,

Folder option will not be available for all forms, Also you can take the from from server and go to canvas and move the field then save it as custom form.

Regards,

Guru

• 9. Re: Moving a column position on a form
                          CraigB

Gurujothi wrote:

...Also you can take the from from server and go to canvas and move the field then save it as custom form.

The problem with modifying an Oracle provided form is that you create a maintenance nightmare.  What happens when Oracle updates the form?  You would have to modify the form each time you apply patch or upgrade to the technology stack.  This is why Oracle states you should not physically modify any of the provided forms.  You should always put any modifications or enhancements in either the CUSTOM library or in Forms Personalization.

Craig...