SD                  ---  20  
      SD                  ---  25 
      SD                  ---  30  
      SD                  ---  33  
      SD                  ---  35  
      Bi                  ---  15  
      Bi                  ---  19  
      Bi                  ---  20  

this table shows the values of temperature for the two provinces(SUD sd, Beirut bi).

on the other side, these two provinces (SUD  sd, Beirut   bi) has a geographical reference defined in the spatial database that constitutes the
      map of Lebanon  at provinces level with the same identification (sd,bi) respectively.

the spatial database that constitutes the map of Lebanon at Province level which, by its turn, is digitalized through  ArcGis software and saved as LebMap.shape.

my main objective is :

i need to know if there are PLSQL packages, procedures, functions or any Oracle tools through which i achieve two tasks:

1) link the two relational and spatial databases by the identification(sd, bi)

2) select available data in the CLIM table to diffuse or disseminate them on Lebanon map at provincial level (SUD , BEIRUT) represented by
        LebMap.shape,  and classify them by colors; for example:   
         20-30  blue color on the map
         31-40  Red color on the map.

Etc ...

I thank and appreciate whoever gives me any suggestion.

software that i am using :
                 Oracle Enterprise Manager Version 9.2.0.1.0 download, Forms [32 Bit] Version 9.0.2.9.0 ,
                 oracle JInitiator: 1.3.1.9, WebUtil 1.0.2(Beta), windowXp Service pack3 , Internet Explorer 8.

• 1. Re: GIS for Oracle
          Emad Al-Mousa

Hi,

if i understand you correctly you want to relate to tables in 2 different databases, so i think the first step is to create a database link.

the other thing is that since you are you using ArcGIS for your layers, why don't you use sde spatial views for merging to feature classes.

Regards,

• 2. Re: GIS for Oracle
            user12923153

Hi Mr

when i try to install cx_Oracle-5.1-11g.win-amd64-py3.1  i  am getting the following error message :

this installation package is not supported by this processor..

i don't now how to overpass this error, can you help me to overpass it ??

thank you again.

softwares: WindowsXp professional service pack 2, Oracle Enterprise Manager Version 9.2.0.1.0,