3 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2014 11:58 AM by J.A. RSS

Oracle RAC patch error

Hello

I have applied the PSU-18031726 11.1.0.7.19 Patch Set Update April 2014 and facing issues.

Please find the steps i have applied:

1. Brought down the DB instance and Listener on Node 1

2. Took the inventory and binary backups on Node 1

3. Applied the patch on Node 1 -> command used - > opatch apply (during this Node 2 DB Instance is up & running)

4. During the process, it prompted for rolling whether we need to continue on Node 2. We responded with No.

5. Patch applied on Node 1 successful.

@ Node 2

when we start applying the patch it shows an error OPatch failed with error code 73

Please suggest me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Mrvsfly

• 1. Re: Oracle RAC patch error
          Vandana B -Oracle

Hi,

It is difficult to tell what would have gone wrong without analyzing the log. However, see if the following documents help

Ref: PSU Opatch conflict check fails with "OPatch failed with error code 73" (Doc ID 861507.1)

Ref: ERROR: "The Oracle Home does not meet OUI version requirement. OPatch failed with error code 73" (Doc ID 729218.1)

Ref: OPatch Failed With Error Code 73 Because Session Is Not Able to Create a Directory (Doc ID 1269454.1)

Regards,

Vandana - Oracle

• 2. Re: Oracle RAC patch error
            Krishna-Oracle

can you check $ORACLE_HOME/inventory/ContentsXML/comps.xml for patch 18031726

grep -i 18031726 $ORACLE_HOME/inventory/ContentsXML/comps.xml

comps.xml will get updated when patch is applied. So node1 comps.xml would have been updated for this patch.

Seems comps.xml might have been copied from node 1 to node2 and when Opatch reads patch information at node 2 from comps.xml, it searches for 18031726 patch files. since patch is not applied physically, you will get this error.

• 3. Re: Oracle RAC patch error
              J.A.

Could you please send the log or the command line that you executed with the output

Regards