2 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2014 5:14 AM by Phil UK RSS

APEX upgrade to 4.2.5

Phil UK

I am an APEX developer using the Virtualbox 12c VM for development and prototyping.

Recently, I upgraded APEX to the latest release and have a non APEX related issue to do with 12c (I think) and the DB now in restricted mode.

A DB trigger does not seem to unrestrict this but I can do it manually which I do not wish to do each time the server is restarted.

Please can someone pop over to this post and comment if relevant?

Many thanks in advance

Phil

• 1. Re: APEX upgrade to 4.2.5
          rp0428
          Please can someone pop over to this post and comment if relevant?

No - when you post in a forum you need to provide ALL of the infomation needed to help you. You can certainly reference other posts as needed but it is not appropriate to ask forum readers to read another thread to even find out what the issue is.

If your thread is appropriate for the APEX forum then mark this current thread ANSWERED. If you want to continue in this new thread then mark the one in the APEX forum ANSWERED.

I am an APEX developer using the Virtualbox 12c VM for development and prototyping.

Recently, I upgraded APEX to the latest release and have a non APEX related issue to do with 12c (I think) and the DB now in restricted mode.

A DB trigger does not seem to unrestrict this but I can do it manually which I do not wish to do each time the server is restarted.

You should NOT be using a trigger to do that to begin with.

A DB does not normally open in restricted mode so you should not normally need to force it to open normally.

If your PDB is already open in restricted mode then shut it down normally. If there are no errors then a standard open should open it normally. That standard open would normally be executed when connected to the root container (the CDB) or by an AFTER STARTUP trigger that executes in the root container.

• 2. Re: APEX upgrade to 4.2.5
            Phil UK

RP0428,

Was looking at advice from here: http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/12c/multitenant-startup-and-shutdown-cdb-and-pdb-12cr1.php

I can not close and open the PDB, I get errors apparently so will alter the user that accesses it to add in restrict session privilege as this looks to be related to the VM possibly.