5 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 11:12 PM by liaison1

how to remove some entries from crs stat listing?

liaison1

This is oracle version 10.2.0.5 on Solaris 10 Sparc 64bit.

I have installed cluster ware (for 3 node RAC system) and starting to install ASM home on the RAC.  however, it is failed and I cancelled it right before running the root script for each node.    Then, I want to remove the ASM install.   What I did is to run the runInstaller from 10.2.0.1 binary base to remove the ASM home install on the GUI interface.    Then, I removed the ASM home directories manually.   However, these processes are still up running, like +ASM1,2,3 and listeners.   I killed the processes and I also used the command to remove asm

srvctl remove asm -n node_name -f

But when I run the crs_stat -t ,  it still show in the list:

Name       Type       TargetState Host  

------------------------------------------------------------

ora....SM1.asm applicationONLINEUNKNOWN     lsssdb38p       <== I want to remove this
      ora....8P.lsnr applicationONLINEUNKNOWN   lsssdb38p   <== I want to remove this
      ora....38p.gsd applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb38p  
      ora....38p.ons applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb38p  
      ora....38p.vip applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb38p  
      ora....9P.lsnr applicationONLINEUNKNOWN   lsssdb39p   <== I want to remove this
      ora....39p.gsd applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb39p  
      ora....39p.ons applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb39p  
      ora....39p.vip applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb39p  
      ora....0P.lsnr applicationONLINEUNKNOWN   lsssdb40p   <== I want to remove this
      ora....40p.gsd applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb40p  
      ora....40p.ons applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb40p  
      ora....40p.vip applicationONLINEONLINE        lsssdb40p

How can I remove these from the list and make a better cleanup?    Thanks!

• 1. Re: how to remove some entries from crs stat listing?
          liaison1

Maybe I did not made a complete cleanup from the previous ASM home install. I tried to install the ASM again, go this message in the middle of database configuration process, 3 this kind of the message, since we have 3 nodes:

Failed to register CRS resource for ASM isntance +ASMx (x=1,2,3) on node (node name 1,2,3). ora.ASM1.asm has already been registered. 

Also, followed with a bunch of other messages. Now, I need to know how made a completed cleanup on the failed ASM, including remove from the CRS registries. Thanks!

• 2. Re: how to remove some entries from crs stat listing?
            liaison1

I need to know how to remove failed ASM install in RAC environment, including remove from the CRS registries.   Thanks.

• 3. Re: how to remove some entries from crs stat listing?
              J.A.

If this is a Production environment I would prefer start from Scratch(install again) with new Linux installation and install again the RAC.

Before installing and find all those kind of problem run CVU (cluvfy) to verify you have all the prerequisites.

Regards

• 4. Re: how to remove some entries from crs stat listing?
                BPeaslandDBA

Why not use 'grep' to remove those entries that you don't want to see? This is a command line utility on Unix so you can pipe the output to grep. The -v flag instructs grep to remove any lines that contain the next string. So something like this:

crs_stat -t | grep -v lsnr | grep -v asm

Ok...so maybe that's cheating because those resources are still there.

You can also remove those resources using the "srvctl remove" command if those resources are not part of your configuration.

HTH,

Brian

• 5. Re: how to remove some entries from crs stat listing?
                  liaison1

Thanks, Thanks for the update. I ended up to remove the failed ASM install and CRS install all together and do the install again. However, I still got the same error message in the ASM install. This is before to run the root.sh on the runInstaller with a pop up window:

PRKS-1009 : Failed to start ASM instance "+ASM2" on node "lsssdb39p", [PRKS-1009 : Failed to start ASM instance "+ASM2" on node "lsssdb39p", [CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.lsssdb39p.ASM2.asm'.]]

PRKS-1009 : Failed to start ASM instance "+ASM3" on node "lsssdb40p", [PRKS-1009 : Failed to start ASM instance "+ASM3" on node "lsssdb40p", [CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.lsssdb40p.ASM3.asm'.]]

I then, let it continue and run the root.sh

After that, I try to start the asm with the command:
                  srvctl start asm -n lsssdb39p

Got the same error message as above.

Let me know what to do to fix the issue. Thanks.