3 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2014 12:54 PM by prassu RSS

External Table user's authentication

Sri Ram Chennai

Hi Gurus,

I have implemented External Table user's authentication, what I have did the folowing

Step : 1

Created and Inserted data for Security Tables

Step : 2

2.1 Imported Security Tables into RPD,

2.2 Designed RPD for Security like created InitBlock for Authentication and Authorization

2.3 Deployed the RPD.

Stpe :3

Created Adhoc and DevManager Application Role in Enterprise Manager and they are having BIAuther rights.

Stpe :4

Created Adhocs and DevManagers Groups in Administration Console

Stpe :5

Created Adhoc Policies Role in Enterprise Manager and having BIAuther Policies and mapped the Adhocs group defined in Admin Console

Created DevManager Policies Role in Enterprise Manager and having BIAuther Policies and mapped the DevManagers group defined in Admin Console

After completing the above steps the external table users can authenticated ie can login to BI Presentation Services using the users credentials.

And set necessary privileges in Manage Privileges of Administration ie Access Answers,Dashboards, Create Views, etc...

But these Authorization is not working properly ie,.

Giving access privilege to Subjects Area, Dashboards, Tables for the Groups is not working properly.

But

Can't create the Reports/Graphs/Dashboards and I noticed that for all external table users are assigned to

Authenticated User and BI Consumer Role  in MY Account -> Roles and Catalog Groups

How can I change the BIAuthor is default role for all external table's user to create Reports/Graphs/Dashboards