8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2006 9:05 AM by 480042

FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events

I have installed an FTP-adapter and configured it to receive messages. I have created an application with the same name and set up a subscription to an event from an generic adapter. I have another db adapter also subscribing to the same event, and this works fine. However the ftp adapter does not receive the subscribed event. I have checked the MESSAGEINFOIDTABLE table, and the subscription between the FTP adapter and the genric adapter is not registered here. I have tried to resintall the adapter several times using different names etc, but it does not seem to register. Anyone had this situation before, or does anoyone have any tips?
        • 1. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
          Audun,

This is very strange. You haven't got 2 environments have you? Developing on one, but looking at another? Sorry for the dumb question, but I've done that before!!

If you have 1 event, 1 publishing and 2 subscribing, then your count on the MESSAGEINFOIDTABLE table for this event should be 3.

Have you tried pushing the metadata in iStudio to your FTP Adapter? Or restarting the FTP Adapter?

You've definately subscribed to the correct Business Object and Event when mapping your message from Common View to Subscribe view?

Your repository may be all screwed up. This can happen. iStudio doesn't have the best history! When you've reinstalled the adapter again, or re-designed the message again and again, you could have orphaned objects all over the place preventing proper message design taking place.

As a sanity check, stop all services connecting the repository (iStudio, Adapters, OEM, sqlplus etc.) Save / backing up your current repository using the "oaiexport" script.

Once you done that, drop the existing repository, and create a new fresh one. (use the "hubschema" -drop, then -create script).

Just try creating that same single message design again with just one publishing and one subscribing adapter.

If you still have the same problem, then I think it is one for Oracle Support.

Good luck,
          Yan
          • 2. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
            Hello, and thanks for the response.

I only have one environement as all three applications are listed in the appidtable. I have a feeling the problem is in my repository, though I am afraid I have screwed it up even more, trying to get to the root of this problem. I will try what you said about dropping the existing repository and try again.

--
            Audun
            • 3. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
              Have you by any chance based the application definition on the common view? If so, try to base it on a dtd file. Don't use the common view as a reference for the subscribing applications (or publishing). Even if all of your applications share the same message structure, you should still use a dtd file.

I've run into this 'feature' many times.

Arjan
              • 4. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
                The application data type is based on a dtd. I havent been able to test this as much as I would like today, but I tried to reinstall Interconnect (Hub, adapter and istudio) and just create two simple adapters, one FTP (subscriber) and one Java (pubsliher) but it still doesn't work. Hopefully I will have som emore than to test this later
                • 5. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
                  I uninstalled the complete Interconnect application, and reinstalled it, and now I can get my JavaAdapter to talk to my FTP-adapter. I still cannot get my FTP adapter to write the files it receives t the FTP-server, but hopefully that is right rounf the corner
                  • 6. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
                    Thanks for the update audun. Glad to hear that you are getting there.
                    • 7. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
                      Perhaps a dumb question, but could not being able to write be a rights issue? The FTP adapter has permissions to write?

Arjan
                      • 8. Re: FTP-adapter does not register subscribed events
                        I FTP user should have all the correct permissions. I am wondering wheter the prolem is that I did a mistake while installing the FTP adapter. I chose a adapter to receive messages, but when I am trying to get the adapter to work, it is fiddling with the properties related to sender which makes things happen.I find this strange as the adapter is receiving messages from the hub.