5 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2014 11:44 PM by PranitSaha

Not able view Approved PO

kp2000

Steps to duplicate:

1. Go to Purchase Order Screen

2. Click Inquiry->View Document to generate pdf document.

3. Error message below appear in screen

#########################################

Problem: The system could not generate the PDF document.

Reason: The system detected an error in the following code/object.

Code: XML

Object: PO

Action: Please contact the system administrator and try again.

#########################################

Hello,

the above issue happens only for one user..

please advise

thanks

kp

• 1. Re: Not able view Approved PO
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Please see if these docs help.

How to Diagnose and Resolve the ‘System failed to generate the PDF’ or 'PDF Document Generation Failure' errors in Procurement (Doc ID 1520871.1)

Unable To "View PDF" For Complex Purchase Orders In Buyer's WorkCenter (Doc ID 1642470.1)

Unable to Preview Contract Terms From Purchase Order - "Could not generate PDF" Error (Doc ID 1227023.1)

The System Could Not Generate The PDF Document In Buyer Work Center (Doc ID 1502459.1)

R12: In Buyer Work Center, Printing an Old Revision for a Complex Purchase Order Ends with "The system could not generate the PDF document" Error (Doc ID 1484799.1)

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Not able view Approved PO
            kp2000

Hello

Looks like users are able to get the PDF generated. But when they access  VIEW-->inquire Document, the pop-up appears and disappears.So users are forced to press CTRL key

How to avoid this

please advise

thanks

kp

• 3. Re: Not able view Approved PO
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Looks like users are able to get the PDF generated. But when they access  VIEW-->inquire Document, the pop-up appears and disappears.So users are forced to press CTRL key

From the browser, add the application URL to the trusted sites list and make sure security is set to low.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: Not able view Approved PO
                Arif Hussain

Most likely a popup blocker is what is blocking the new window to open. Holding the control key disables most popup blockers. Check the popup locker settings.

Best Regards,

Arif.

• 5. Re: Not able view Approved PO
                  PranitSaha

I have faced this issue before and the root cause was supplier setup.

What I found is due to some reason, TCA tables got multiple entries for same supplier address and the issue was with Fax number (probably cointaining a leading or trailing space).

I am sure this is not happening with all the POs and this trend is found only for POs crerated for specific supplier(s). Correct me if I am wrong.

If I am right then just try to update the contact info on the supplier address setups and try to generate the PDF.