0 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 5:32 AM by Zuni

Customization in POR_CUSTOM_PKG to for TRANSACTION NATURE field in EBS 11i

Zuni

Hello Team,

Our requirement is to pass the TRANSACTION NATURE field value on I-procurement billing screen for all the requisition line but for multiples lines this filed can remain NULL though this field is mandatory causing problem. We want to make sure that
      this field is populated for all the lines.

This was changed in Bug 17968664 : MULTIPLE LINE REQUISITION SHOW MULTIPLE TRANSACTION NATURES LINES WITH BLANKS

We applied patch 17968664 - This patch solves the issue where user is not able to customize transaction nature for a requisition in the POR_CUSTOM_PKG. And we can see the x_txn_reason_code has been added in CUSTOM_DEFAULT_REQ_LINE and CUSTOM_VALIDATE_REQ_LINE procedure of POR_CUSTOM_PKG.

We tried to implement logic to check if x_txn_reason_code (TRANSACTION_REASON_CODE of table-> PO_REQUISITION_LINES_ALL) value is NULL and provide error message.

Now after adding validation logic in PROCEDURE CUSTOM_VALIDATE_REQ_LINE of por_custom_pkg as below code:
      --Custom code Start
      IF x_txn_reason_code IS NULL THEN
      X_RETURN_CODE := 2;
      X_ERROR_MSG := 'Please provide the transaction reason code on BILLING tab' ;
      END IF;
      EXCEPTION
      WHEN OTHERS THEN
      X_RETURN_CODE:=0;
      X_ERROR_MSG:='';
      --Custom code End

But the error message is coming on the SAVE and CHECKOUT screen itself.
      But the value for Transaction code will be provided in next screen of Checkout.

Even when we press SAVE button this error appears on scree.

How we can achieve this requirement. I will really appreciate if any one has done this or can help me out here.

Thanks,
      Zuni