1 Reply Latest reply: May 22, 2014 5:52 PM by MikeN RSS

Debugging UEDataSource.createOperation

47057b91-5a99-4b15-b2f2-557eff5977a0

I am facing the following exception when started the GG Extract.

Error occurred (Java exception): UEDataSource.createOperation:
      "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to read XID_SCN Token (xid_scn) from operation SeqNo=0, RBA=2172"

I assume that the trail file has some issue with the Token. I want to know, how can I debug the trail file to know if my Token is correct?

• 1. Re: Debugging UEDataSource.createOperation
          MikeN

47057b91-5a99-4b15-b2f2-557eff5977a0 wrote:

I am facing the following exception when started the GG Extract.

Error occurred (Java exception): UEDataSource.createOperation:
          "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to read XID_SCN Token (xid_scn) from operation SeqNo=0, RBA=2172"

I assume that the trail file has some issue with the Token. I want to know, how can I debug the trail file to know if my Token is correct?

It is probably the case that the token does not exist in the trail; in order to verify trail contents using logdump, you can do something like this (note: this is much more detail than you need; just disable "details" as needed; just the logdump commands are shown -- the output will be quite verbose):

$ ./logdump open dirdat/tc000000
          ghdr on
          usertoken detail
          ggstoken detail
          headertoken detail
          fileheader detail
          next  (or just "n" for "next")
          n
          n
          ...etc
          quit

If you require logic in the GG Java adapter that works both for tokens in the trail & missing tokens, you can check for the existence of the token before accessing it, e.g, if ( op.getToken("XID_SCN").isSet() ) then...else...