2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 7:19 AM by sven.salzwedel RSS

script based agent and CRS_PROGRESS/CRS_ERROR/CRS_WARNING

sven.salzwedel

Hello,

currently I'm trying to make an application highly available using the oracle clusterware 11gR2. I've got developed a perl script that does all the magic and I'm a bit curious about the CRS_{PROGRESS,ERROR,WARNING} tags which are stated in the "Clusterware Administration and Deployment Guide", chapter 6 in the section "Action Scripts". Do they have any affect? One thing I'd expect from the CRS_PROGRESS tag would be to fill the STATE_DETAILS attribute of a resource, since that is read only anyways. I can't see any special effect, than just being there in the scriptagent.log. But it's useless, since everything sent to STDOUT/STDERR is logged in there. I just print the message like that: "CRS_PROGRESS My message.". But I also tried a newline after CRS_PROGRESS. Didn't change the behaviour. So could someone please enlighten me?

Thanks in Advance,

Sven

• 1. Re: script based agent and CRS_PROGRESS/CRS_ERROR/CRS_WARNING
          Shiyer-Oracle

Hi,

Setting STATE_DETAILS of a custom resource via the scriptagent is available in 12c. There is a specific output tag to be used : CRS_STATE_DETAILS. The other tags in 11.2 should result in the messages being displayed in the crsctl output. e.g echo "CRS_PROGRESS:Starting xyz"  should result in "Starting xyz" being displayed in crsctl.

Thanks,

Shankar

• 2. Re: script based agent and CRS_PROGRESS/CRS_ERROR/CRS_WARNING
            sven.salzwedel

Hello,

thanks for your reply. The problem is that the documentation does not state anything about the output format for the tags (CRS_XXX:msg). It just says something about a "tag", but not how this tag is applied. Meanwhile I've found the answer in the xa agents by oracle how the tags are applied and thanks to you for explaining it too. I found out that CRS_STATE_DETAILS also works in Release 11.2.0.4 (not sure about 11.2.0.3). Thanks for your Help!

Best regards,

Sven