3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2014 12:19 AM by rp0428

My sql developer folder

Eslam_Elbyaly

hi ,

i used to have the ".exe" file of "sql develoepr" in the folder "sqldeveloper-4.0.2.15.21-no-jre" ,

i tried to copy the ".exe" to the desktop , i did so , and it did not work when i clicked on it , so i deleted it ,

after this , i opened the "sqldeveloper-4.0.2.15.21-no-jre" folder and saw that the "sql develoepr.exe" file is not exist ,

but i found these files (sdcli,sdcli64,sqldeveloper,sqldeveloper64,sqldeveloper64W and sqldeveloperW)   in this path "sqldeveloper-4.0.2.15.21-no-jre>sql develoepr>sql develoepr"

and there is ones or may be all opens the program .

i do not know how this happened ?

can i change the situation to what it was ?

thanks

• 1. Re: My sql developer folder
          Jim Smith

Your copy was probably a move (by default dragging and dropping on the same disk is a move on windows), so you have deleted your only copy.

Is may be in the recycle bin,  Restore it to the desktop and then move it back to the sql developer folder.

If it isn't in the reccycle bin, you need to reinstall (or at least unzip the installation file somewhere else and copy the sqldevelop.exe).

You can also run the oher sqldeveloper*.exe files directly.

In general, you can't move executable files around as they often use relative paths to find their other components.  Use a shortcut instead.

Right click on the executable, select Copy.

Right click on the destination, select Paste Shortcut

• 2. Re: My sql developer folder
            Eslam_Elbyaly

but what about these files

(sdcli,sdcli64,sqldeveloper,sqldeveloper64,sqldeveloper64W and sqldeveloperW)

i tried one and it opened the program , but i do not know if it is the same as the deleted executable file  or not ?

i mean , will it be any deffects in the program ?

thank you

• 3. Re: My sql developer folder
              but what about these files

(sdcli,sdcli64,sqldeveloper,sqldeveloper64,sqldeveloper64W and sqldeveloperW)

i tried one and it opened the program , but i do not know if it is the same as the deleted executable file  or not ?

i mean , will it be any deffects in the program ?

The 'sdcli..' files are the command line interpreter. The two with '64' in the name are 64 bit versions of the executable. The other two are 32 bit versions.,

Run either of the 32 bit or 64 bit sql developer versions that you want.

1 person found this helpful