I'm facing up a new migration to new servers, and I'd like to upgrade the database in the process. My environment consists on 2 servers under Windows 2008 R2.
My question is: Is this a good path to move and upgrade my environment? Am I forgetting something? Any recommendation? I've no problems to do it during an outage window.
- Installation of Grid Infrastructure 11gR2 Oracle Database 11gR2
- Migration of Oracle Clusterware Home Grid Infrastructure 11gR1 to 11gR2
- Migration of Oracle ASM Home Grid Infrastructure 11gR1 to 11gR2
- Migration of Oracle Database 11gR1 to Oracle Database 11gR2
- Add NEWNODE1 the RAC (new server with more cpu,memory, etc)
- Add NEWNODE2 the RAC (new server with more cpu,memory, etc)
- Delete node OLDNODE1 (old server)
- Delete node OLDNODE2 (old server)
Have you look below link it might be useful
Upgrade 11gR1 RAC to 11gR2 RAC on Linux