1 Reply Latest reply: May 27, 2014 3:46 AM by N.J RSS

Java api namespaces from xquery

jgallego

Hi,

We are using the O2A cartridges and  I saw for example that in some xquerys a java api namespace like this

declare namespace dateUtil = "java:oracle.communications.ordermanagement.util.date.DateUtil";

Searching in the cartridges i found that in the OracleComms_OSM_O2A_CommonUtility in resources there is a osm-o2a-utility.jar.  I opened the jar i found a DateUtil Class. I decompiled the file and saw the funcionts used from xquery..

I created my custom class and I added it to this jar.  Then i try to invoke the custom function from xquery but it did not work.

My question is:  is there a way to include java classes in this jar? What is the correct procedure?

Thanks for your help

Juan

• 1. Re: Java api namespaces from xquery
          N.J

Hi Juan,

We actually don't need to add or customize any class in osm-o2a-utility.jar. Instead, we can have our class file in any custom cartridge except solution cartridges(like TypicalSolution/SimpleSolution) because having the class file in solution cartridge won't get compiled/built.

Simple way could be, having the class file in any of the custom cartridge(as you know it should under the src folder, something like DSLCartridge/src/testPackage/abc.class) and the xquery being in same/different cartridge's resources folder.

From the XQuery inorder to invoke the class file, we have to declare the reference.

declare namespace callAbc = "java:testPackage.abc";

Thanks,

Naveen Jabade