0 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2014 11:27 AM by 2682254 RSS

Integration with Custom Object Support Question

I wonder if someone can help me.

I am an integrations developer at Lead Forensics who has been asked to integrate with CRM On Demand for a mutual customer. We have built integrations between our product and SalesForce, Dynamics, Sugar and a number of other CRM platforms.

We track web site visits and reverse engineer business details from the business visitor IP addresses. Our customers can see in our portal site, not only the business information but also information pertaining to their visit and the pages that they have visited. In other integrations we have created a visit custom object which contains the visit information and has a 1-to-many relationship with the lead. We have also created a page visit object which has a 1-to-many relationship with the visit object. What we would like to do is to be able to add, via the API’s, the lead information and also the two-tier visit information. We would also like to create custom pages/widgets to allow this information to be displayed.

I have phoned support who told me about custom object 01 to 03 and 04 onwards, but this does not seem to fit what we would like to do at all. We have also phoned the US and Reading but no one seems to be able to help us. Is there a way to create purely generic objects that contain the fields that we want them to, for us to load information into them via the API and view them using custom forms? Ideally we could package up the customisation to allow CRM On Demand users a simple installation to give them this functionality.

This is something that we have had little or no problems with on other platforms and would like to discover if CRM ON Demand is also capable of integrating with our product.

I hope this all makes sense, but please do ask me anything else if there are areas to clarify.

I would really appreciate help as we have hit a bit of a brick wall going through the conventional channels.

Thanks very much indeed,

Richard Measey.