6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 3:18 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle

SQL Developer Unresponsive

Banu Alexandru-Oracle

Hello,

I'm using SQL Developer Version 4.0.2.15 Build 15.21.

When I'm editing some packages SQL Developer freezes and get's unresponsive.

At the same time it starts using 25% of the CPU and around 500mb of RAM.

From what I can tell the issue seems to occur when you double click any word in the package editor or after pasting any random word.

It seems to be random and I can't find a pattern to this except that it happens inside packages with more than 1000 lines of code.

Please find some info from the log files:

SEVERE  4449    0   oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction Error during handleEvent on action 'Thumbnail' (id=150). None of the attached controllers handled the action..
      SEVERE  4449    0   oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction Error during handleEvent on action 'Thumbnail' (id=150). None of the attached controllers handled the action..

SEVERE  24085   0   oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$1    49
      SEVERE  24086   1246    oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$1    49
      SEVERE  24087   10838   oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$1    null

SEVERE  4590    94562849    oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction Error during handleEvent on action 'Compile' (id=374).None of the attached controllers handled the action.
       - oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction$ControllerDelegatingController@abb730a4[oracle.ideimpl.controller.MetaClassController@abb730a4[oracle.dbtools.raptor.plsql.PLSQLController]].

SEVERE  4648    3908208 null  

Please help fix this issue because it's really frustrating to compile the package every 2-3 rows of code written because you don't know when it's going to crash.

Currently I have to freezed sqldeveloper64W.exe process that user 50% of my proc and the only way to close them is to kill them from the task manager.

Thank you,

Alex.