2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2014 1:51 AM by KarthikSinghDBA RSS

How to Find ASM Usage report runs slow?

KarthikSinghDBA

Dear Legends,

ASM Version : 11.2.0.1.0

As we are daily recieving ASM Usage report via EM agent. The problem is some times or some days it takes a long time to send the report. Following are the details,

1.  Daily ASM Report runs/Report generated Time: May 2, 2014 9:00:00 AM EDT --> Sometimes this time indicates as at the maximum of 5 seconds increased like "May 2, 2014 9:00:05 AM EDT" --> So this indicates that it is started by the mentioned time or completed by that time?

2.  But We recieve the Email only by 9:06:00 AM - 9:08:00 AM EDT -- > Is it because of EM Agent Delay or our Mail Server Delay?

3.  How do I ensure that there is no I/O or performance in read write or sync with our ASM and DB Instances ?

Let me know your suggestions

Thanks,

Karthik

• 1. Re: How to Find ASM Usage report runs slow?
          Aritra-Oracle

Hi ,

If you have any IO issue ,then in RDBMS alertlog file ,you will see read/write failure messages as rdbms level IO capable processes do IOs.

If there is any disk issue ,it will get reported on ASM alertlog file .

So,at the time of delay do you see anything at ASM level alertlog file,if not ASM is working fine .

Delay in sending report could be possible because of few issues,

+ Slowness at EM to refresh

+ Mail server issue

+ Network level issue .

Regards,
          Aritra

• 2. Re: How to Find ASM Usage report runs slow?
            KarthikSinghDBA

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable response and time.

Looks like some of the data is too old and not sure my tech lead told me that he re-built some indexes and now the report is reaching us in time. Since I don't have access to the grid I could not gather much info.

And one more info that the report is collected from the table called ASM_USAGE_REPORTS

Thanks,

Karthik