I am new to Oracle Streams and want to clear some doubts.
DB Version 11.2.0
Streams Env: Oracle Streams Synchronous Capture (4 sites multi master)
1) If there is a network failure in multi master environment, does the streams processes automatically resume the operations after network is restored?
2) If there is a database shutdown on one or more site, does the streams processes automatically resume the operations when DB are brought back online?
3) If answer to any of the above question is NO then what steps must be taken to ensure that the pending transactions are propagated to all sites in a streams environment after network or DB is restored?
Your comments on the above posted questions will help me a lot.
1) Yes, the Streams must resume after the network issue has been resolved.
Propagation process tries around 16 times and mark it as not reachable.
So, If the network is down for long time, then it may not restart the streams automatically.
You may have to restart the process in Apply / Capture fashion.
2) Refer to Ans 1)
3) The pending messages will be accumulated in the Capture queue until the destination is available.
Once the target up and reachable the messages will be propagated.