8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2014 1:25 AM by Rajesh Valluri RSS

Hyperion suite and OBIEE on the same weblogic server

Rajesh Valluri

To the experienced infrastructure people on this board, I want to pose a question regarding the co-hosting of OBIEE and Hyperion suite on the same physical box, and actually on the same weblogic server.

This is obviously not for a production scenario, as am aware of the fact that it is not advisable to put to heavy load servers on the same machine. However, I just built a heavy specced machine for my team to train on, and ended up with the entire EPM suite on a Linux server, and then when I wanted to add OBIEE also to the same server, I ended up with two admin servers, one for EPM and one for OBIEE.

Would be it a stupid question to ask if I want to host one admin server, and deploy both the EPMSystem and BI domains on to it. The installation SW for OBIEE didn't let me pick that option, so I ended up with two servers on two different ports.

The setup is OK for the purpose it was meant for, i.e. training. But, I was wondering if this has been done or can be done the way I wanted.

Thanks in advance, and go easy on me if I sounded too dumb.

Thanks

Rajesh