4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 8:12 AM by Alvaro Soares RSS

HfmADOConnection.cpp error

Alvaro Soares

Hi Gurus,

I having a 11.1.2.3.500.4435 environment with Financial Management and FDM at same server and i'm having the following error when I try to deploy an HFM app :

Error 11; hypadmin; 06/12/2014 12:01:54; HfmADOConnection.cpp; Line 591; <?xml version="1.0"?>

<EStr><Ref>{C8D1FE60-7743-465B-ACA1-509C59EC4A75}</Ref><AppName/><User/><DBUpdate>1</DBUpdate><ESec><Num>-2147467259</Num><Type>1</Type><DTime>6/12/2014 12:01:54 PM</DTime><Svr>RJ1-2K8-BI-P06</Svr><File>HfmADOConnection.cpp</File><Line>591</Line><Ver>11.1.2.3.500.4435</Ver><DStr>ORA-12519: TNS:no appropriate service handler found</DStr></ESec></EStr>.

I know the issue is related to TNSNAMES.ORA and I have Oracle Client 32 and 64 bits installed. My TNS_ADMIN variable is set to  D:\Oracle\Middleware\dbclient32\network\admin;D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\config\dbclient  and my PATH variable is set to D:\Oracle\Middleware\dbclient64\BIN;D:\Oracle\Middleware\dbclient32\bin;%PATH%

Also, I have ORACLE_SID set as environment variable but still having the error above.

Does some knows how should be set the environment databases in order to get the connection correctly ?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: HfmADOConnection.cpp error
          JohnGoodwin

Have you tried to set the TNS_ADMIN variable to one path instead of multiple e.g.

TNS_ADMIN  to D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\config\dbclient

Then make sure the tnsnames.ora in the above path has the correct connection information to the HFM database.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 2. Re: HfmADOConnection.cpp error
            Dattatray

hi

also go through following oracle support doc

(mark this post as helpful or correct if it helps you !)

Regards,

-DM

• 3. Re: HfmADOConnection.cpp error
              Alvaro Soares

Hi John,

I've set the TNS_ADMIN with the path D:\Oracle\Middleware\dbclient32\network\admin. At this path I have the TNSNAMES.ORA file with HFM entry like this :

HFMTNS =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = MYDBSERVER)(PORT = 1521))

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = EPM)

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

)

)

And the issue still happens.

However, I'm suspecting about DB settings because I've set the following (but with user system) :

ALTER SYSTEM SET processes=1000 SCOPE=SPFILE; (to all products)

and

ALTER SYSTEM SET OPEN_CURSORS=5000 SCOPE=SPFILE; ( to Financial Management)

But even having success on the commands above, the file init.ora at DB server is not been updated and the parameters  are still with the same value :

open_cursors=300

processes=150

• 4. Re: HfmADOConnection.cpp error
                Alvaro Soares

Well,

After set the following at DB server, I've got to deploy the HFM apps successfully

ALTER SYSTEM SET processes=1000 SCOPE=SPFILE; (to all products)

and

ALTER SYSTEM SET OPEN_CURSORS=5000 SCOPE=SPFILE; ( to Financial Management)

Thank you all for you advices

Case closed.