8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2014 3:02 PM by Elisabeth RSS

How to copy a subregion from a button?

Elisabeth

Hi,

I am new to Apex. I have a region that contains many different items. I was asked the following functionnality. The user needs to be able to copy a region by clicking a create button. They don't want to open a new page, it has to be added at the bottom of the last similar region. Do I have top create some kind of plugin, template?

I have no idea how how to achieve that. Would anyone know or suggest other ways of doing it?

Thanks,

Elisabeth

• 1. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
          jwellsnh

Hi Elisabeth,

Not sure if I can help since I cannot perceive why someone would want functionality like this.  We in the forum need more information:

1. Why does the user want or need to do this?
          2. What are they trying to achieve.?

Jeff

• 2. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
            Elisabeth

Hi,

thanks for the reply. What hey are trying to achieve is that they have by default a page with one region containing different items (textboxes, checkboxes and a one too many region with an add button...). that represents one set of information (carrier objective). It's a one to many relationship between the parent and the region. They are supposed to be able to click one button and add as many sets of information as they want (and therefore have as many objectives as they want). In a

I am currently looking at a new form called "master detail form" which might be what I want. If it does what I want, I must also be able to go down another level for another "master detail form".

I hope things are a bit clearer. If you have any idea on how to do it, I would appreciate.

Thanks,

Elisabeth

• 3. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
              jwellsnh

Sorry,

I nothing to offer on this.

Jeff

• 4. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
                Elisabeth

Hi,

Has anyone got any idea?

Thanks

• 5. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
                  MiroMas

Two ideas:

1.Define (if you can) max possible number of regions. Create max number of regions with Application Builder. Hide all regions except the first one. "Copy Region" button would show the next region instead of copy it.

2. If you have small number of items on region I suggest using tabular form for this task. Your region copy would be replaced with new line in tabular form.

HTH

Miro

• 6. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
                    Nicolette

bd373990-b45a-4fa9-a4f9-a22f16033f1f

Your description is that of a master detail.

Where the master is

bd373990-b45a-4fa9-a4f9-a22f16033f1f wrote:

What hey are trying to achieve is that they have by default a page with one region containing different items (textboxes, checkboxes and a one too many region with an add button...). that represents one set of information (carrier objective).

And the detail is a tabular form report on the same page as the master.

Using the wizard to create the above would also create a button that adds a row to the tabular form.

And a demo of a master detail. Click on the edit link to see the master detail. Be aware that the "Alternate detail template" doesn't work at the moment.

Nicolette

Message was edited by: Nicolette Added a link to demo application

• 7. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
                      Elisabeth

Hi,

I am back on this issue as I am just starting to work on the form.

I am trying this but I would like to know if it's possible to have items (dropdowns, checkboxes, textfields...) instead of a list. I have so many fields to duplicate that I don't want to add rows (report columns rows even if rhey can eventually be dropdowns) but sets of information?

I added an item (textbox) but it is trying to bind it to the column in the master table which is wrong. Is there a way of telling it to be bound on the detail table?

Thanks

• 8. Re: How to copy a subregion from a button?
                        Elisabeth

I did it this way and it works well. Thanks