1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 3:57 AM by rp0428

IO Error: The Network adapter could not establish the connection. Vendor code 17002

3545d57c-0661-4d57-ace9-1dc1b717b6e9

I think my original message about this got misplaced, as other messages have been posted in this forum since I first posted about this problem. I have SQL Developer version 4.0.2.15, build 15.21, on a MacBook Pro running OS-X 10.9.3. The first time I ran Developer, it prompted me to set-up a connection, which I was somewhat familiar with, having worked with Developer in 2012 and 2013 at Drexel University in Philadelphia. When I clicked on the newly created connection, I got these two error messages:

IO Error: The Network adapter could not establish the connection

Vendor code 17002

What do I need to do, and how do I do it, so I can start coding?

Thank-you very much.

• 1. Re: IO Error: The Network adapter could not establish the connection. Vendor code 17002
          What do I need to do, and how do I do it, so I can start coding?

If you search the forum you will find the question of how to troubleshoot that exception has been answered MANY time.

First you need to have a database to connect to.

Then you need to provide the proper connection information in the connection dialog. The information you provide depends on the type of connection you are trying to create (basic, tns, etcz).

Typically that exception is thrown when you don't provide the proper host, port or sid/service_name.

Post ALL of the details about the connection information you are entering. That includes the values of any dropdowns.