1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 13, 2014 3:37 AM by ADB RSS

Measures come back as blank in report

user6287828

Hello

I am  developing an RPD and having trouble with measures

This RPD is on top of an OLTP DB.

We have Table A  that has one to many relationship with table B that has one to many relationship with Table C.

So I made this join in my RPD in the physical layer.

In the BMM layer  I specified my left/right outer join to make sure I get all rows from Table A

The problem is Table A has some columns that I  specified - aggregation on as Sum. Also Table C has some columns that I specified as  - aggregation on as Sum. These are my measures

When I pull Table A -measures that return data fine.

When I pull Table C measures that simply doesn't return data as blank.

So I defined my dimension on Table C to specify at what level it should aggregate but Table C measures still return as blank in the report.

What other things I can check to make these columns work.  I was trying to make Table A my Fact and Table B a dimension with snowflaked Table C.

Also when I just select measure from Table C , the physical SQL is just querying on  the key of that logical table , so that's what told me I am not specifying the level correctly at which measure should be aggregated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Measures come back as blank in report
          ADB

Hello,

how did you create your logical table source? You took table A and also created links overthere with table B and C?

Try to simplify your business model once :

- create a logical fact with as table source table A joined to B joined to C (see this a flat table structure)

- just duplicate this table to create a dimension table and see what happens

- aftwards you see which dimensions you need and expand your model

Kr,

A