2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2014 2:01 PM by Sachin Gupta RSS

Two databases, same report, problem with time delay with another

user8857885

We have two quite identical databases and separate BI publisher for both (test and production environments), a test database is a copy from production. When I run a report in BI test it take 3 seconds to get the report out. Same report with the same project takes 330 seconds (one test). I understand that is quite impossible to say why, if you don't can actually look how the configuration and the report is done, but I'm now quite stuck with the issue and ask for any possible hint. So far I have got clearly down with publication frequency at production andgot down in EPS structure where from the report is executed nut those have no effect. Any hint whereform to look for???

Arto Juvonen

Borealis

• 1. Re: Two databases, same report, problem with time delay with another
          gCubed

The first thing I would do is to pull the physical SQL statement used by the report.  I would run it against the test and production database server and compare the results set response times.

If the production database takes a long time to return the record set, I would Profile / Explain Plan the SQL statement against each database and see what the differences is.

If the is no real difference between the record set response, I would start checking for OS performance issues on the production BI and reviewing the BI production installation (differences between test BI installation).

V/r,

Gene

• 2. Re: Two databases, same report, problem with time delay with another
            Sachin Gupta

In P6 database check two things

1. Statistics are gathered for P6 schemas.

2. Background jobs are running. They clean up redundant data from reporting tables.

Details of both are in P6 database administration guide.

Regards,
            Sachin Gupta