2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2014 10:47 AM by kplum12 RSS

Still able to submit data via Smart View even though forms are closed in Planning

kplum12

We have Hyperion Planning 11.1.2.0.  We have closed forms in planning, meaning changed the groups to None.  Users can no longer see the forms in planning, nor can they open a new form in Smart View.  But, the users that have already created templates in Smart View can open the templates from a saved location and submit data.  Does the seucrity only keep users from opening a new form.  I would have thought they would not be able to submit.  For now, we have changed the scenario in Planning to read so that the cells are greyed out.

• 1. Re: Still able to submit data via Smart View even though forms are closed in Planning
          AmarnathK

When you are saying from Smart View templates, it seems to be an Adhoc upload

Now there are two possibilities.

1. Using Essbase Connection - If you have not provided any Write access to the user/group at essbase application level. He will just have read access from planning
          2. Using Planning Adhoc - If the user/group of users are submitting the data using Planning Adhoc (They might have been provisioned with Adhoc user access). In such case, even if you make the forms read only, using Adhoc option they can still submit the data if the scenario is open for input. So, either you have to make all the users readonly on that scenario / Lock the scenario (which would make sense than making the users readonly)

Hope it helps

Regards

Amarnath

ORACLE | Essbase

• 2. Re: Still able to submit data via Smart View even though forms are closed in Planning
            kplum12

We are using option #3.  The way I got around this was to make the scenario read only for all users.  I am using a planning connection, downloading the form into Smart View and sumitting the data.  When I close to forms to "none", the users cannot open a new form in Smart View.  but, if they use a saved template, they can still submit.
            Seems from your response, this is normal behavior and I will continue using the security on the scenario.