5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 4:30 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle

Oracle CertView not working

92c1ad0e-2ae8-4f6b-b3c3-bf8a9dbb42a7

Hi,

I had scheduled an Oracle certification exam (exam 1ZO-851; OCPJP 6) for earlier today in London, UK. While booking my appointment on the PearsonVue website, I was sent an e-mail from PearsonVue that stated that after the exam I would get an e-mail from Oracle and I could then access my results on the CertView website after half an hour.

I gave the exam at 12.15 pm today and finished it at 2 pm. It is almost 6 pm now and I have yet to receive any e-mail from Oracle and the CertView "new results" link shows a blank page in my account. And yes, I checked my spam filters too. I am surprised to not having received the Oracle e-mail even thought it's now 4 hours after the test.

As 24 hours have not passed, I cannot see my score in the exam history section either. Frankly, this is just appalling.

I don't know if this is a bug within Oracle's CertView or some sort of miscommunication between PearsonVue and Oracle. I had authenticated my CertView account on 12th June 2014 after booking my appointment with PearsonVue and my CertView account shows the same profile information as in my PearsonVue account so I know that it's not a case of un-linked profiles.

It is very stress-inducing and annoying to study, pay and give such an exam and then be denied from seeing the results. Kindly let me know by when will this issue be fixed. I tried creating an SR for support but even that gave an error. It is very discouraging and disappointing to see such a bug-riddled service from Oracle with the CertView and support requests both not working.

• 1. Re: Oracle CertView not working
          DinaHK-Oracle

same  here ,  the exam is no t reflected in Oracle certview and subsequently  the results  ,  May be opening SR  for Oracle University may help !!!

• 2. Re: Oracle CertView not working
            Matthew Morris

I tried creating an SR for support but even that gave an error. It is very discouraging and disappointing to see such a bug-riddled service from Oracle with the CertView and support requests both not working.

Quite likely a server/switch/etc shared by both Certview and the OU support request tool is down causing both problems.  The other possibility is that your OU text was too long.  I recall a few weeks ago someone reported trying to open a support ticket and getting an error, then trying it again with a smaller amount of text and succeeding.  The text entry screen apparently isn't sized to the character buffer.

In any event, they aren't in on the weekends, so nothing will happen until Monday even if a ticket is opened. I know that's annoying, but just plan to be in suspense for another day and a half or so.

• 3. Re: Oracle CertView not working
              92c1ad0e-2ae8-4f6b-b3c3-bf8a9dbb42a7

Hi,

I'm now able to access my certification results & score report in CertView, under "Review my Certification History". However, I'm unable to download the eCertificate pdf.

I first simply clicked & downloaded it & later tried right click & "Save Link As..." but both resulted in a pdf of 0 bytes getting downloaded. I tried opening an SR about this new issue but was unable to do so as it gave an error once again.

Is anyone else able to successfully download their eCertificates ?

• 4. Re: Oracle CertView not working
                user13428511

In Egypt, yes ...  Now i'm able to access my new exam result from certview ... i think everything is ok now

• 5. Re: Oracle CertView not working
                  Brandye Barrington-Oracle

I do know that there was an issue for a couple of days with some exam scores. I know this is frustrating when this happens. Please know that we do monitor the system for issues and we work very hard to get them corrected quickly. It looks like the issues have been fixed. I'm sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure about the issues with printing the eCertificates. Please contact Oracle Certification Support for that issue and they will be able assist. This may be something that they've run into before.

Regards,
                  Brandye Barrington

Certification Forum Moderator