2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 10:35 AM by user797769 RSS

What is layer_quantity in cst_quantity_layers

user11971095

Hi,

I need to know is layer_quantity in cst_quantity_layers represent the current OH or Qty get costed (exists in MTA) or something else?

Regards

Emad

• 1. Re: What is layer_quantity in cst_quantity_layers
          0cbe981a-b52d-4834-ab61-c032984eca2e

Hi Emad,

I believe you are referring to 'Average Costing' scenario because cost_quantity_layers table is used for this particular costing method as the cost of item gets updated with every receipt done in the inventory. These receipt quantities are stored as the 'layer_quantity' along with the 'create_transaction_id' column, which refers to the transaction id that created this layer quantity.

The significance of this 'layer_quantity' is that it is used in re-calculation of the average cost of the item after every receipt (or issue) transaction. Because the new average cost is calculated as

Average Cost = ((Transaction Cost * Transaction Quantity) + (Current average cost * Current On-Hand Quantity)) / (Transaction Quantity + Current On-Hand Quantity)

And here the Transaction Quantity is nothing but the 'layer_quantity' which is stored in the cst_quantity_layers table.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Shabbir

• 2. Re: What is layer_quantity in cst_quantity_layers
            user797769

Hello,

LAYER_QUANTITY in cst_quantity_layers is the Costed quantity for this particular layer

Rgds,

David