4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 3:11 AM by Minako RSS

Error ? Installation Oracle Database11g Release2 on Solaris11

Minako

After installing Oracle Database 11g Release2 on Solaris11, I got a message as below in the "installActionsYYYY-MM-DD_hh-mm-ssPM.log" file;

"Exit Status is -2.

Shutdown Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Installer."

What does it mean by "Exit Status is -2"?

If it means an error, what kind of error ?

Thanks.

このメッセージは次により編集されています: MInako By contrast to the log, console output shows "The installation of Oracle Database 11g was successful. Successfully Setup Sofware." I can't figure out the installation finished successfully or not.

• 1. Re: Error ? Installation Oracle Database11g Release2 on Solaris11
          DK2010

Hi,

Check for more lines in the log file(check last 50 line).. seems some permission issue.

• 2. Re: Error ? Installation Oracle Database11g Release2 on Solaris11
            EdStevens

The install log shows everything in excruciating detail.  Some non-zero exit codes on intermediate processes are perfectly acceptable and do not indicate a failed installation.  I don't know what this exact code in this exact situation means, but let me give a different example of what I mean.

Suppose you have a script to clean up and rebuild some schema objects.  As part of that script you have a DROP command on some object.  OK, suppose that DROP command returns "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist".  Ok, you got an 'error', but does that mean your process failed?  Your DROP was issued to get rid of something, and the "error" was that something did not exist.  In the end, you got what you wanted, and that was to not have that something in your database.

I'd trust the 'successful' statement given by the installer and proceed.  If there really was something wrong with the installation, you'll find out soon enough.  It's not likely you'll get three months into production and hit an un-recoverable error due to something that went wrong under the covers during software installation.

• 3. Re: Error ? Installation Oracle Database11g Release2 on Solaris11
              ora_tech

Hi,

Please check Installation log, If you find more errors then you need to worry about it.

IMHO If your Installer completed as success then you can ignore this information.

usually it will not list as error. It will list as INFO.

thanks,

X A H E E R

• 4. Re: Error ? Installation Oracle Database11g Release2 on Solaris11
                Minako

Thank you all,

I gave up installing this time.

Minako