1. All services is up, I can launch maxl from the server.
2. "startesscmd.cmd" is not working due to error: unable to init client.
3. There was an installation of SmartView on that PC before I have installed Essbase Client, there were already some Essbase variables so I uninstall SmartView and then
Installed Essbase Client, maybe this is the issue like Santy mentioned?
I tried to uninstall SmartView and also adjust all variables (arborpath, essbasepath, path) with the right values, its didn't help.
I tried also to clean the registry from Hyperion items before installing Essbase client.
I thought maybe copy paste a working installation files from another PC but I still got the same error,
Maybe it's because this PC is 32 bit, I don't know.. Im still investigating it, hope to find the solution and to update you,
Open the file and check which variables are being set.
One way to do that is to search for essmsh.exe and this should give you the location where startmaxl is calling essmsh.exe from.
Check whether the one in startmaxl.cmd and this one are the same
Navigate to that path - try running essmsh.exe from there
EDIT: Didn't finish what I was trying to convey
If you can execute (find out where essmsh.exe is) essmsh.exe then append that as ESSBASEPATH in the script.
Message was edited by: Celvin Kattookaran
If its windows server
Goto My computer->Right Click properties-> Advances System Setting -> Environment variable
add below line in you system "PATH" (replace the directory where your Essbase client is installed)
Now try opening the command prompt and type essmsh or startMaxl
you can also refer oracle support document for linux box
Unable to Run MaxL v11.1.2.x on Linux "Failed to initialize MaxL" (Doc ID 1664143.1)