10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 7:49 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Installation problem in Oracle 12c

42d3aa1d-cd58-4acf-818a-d51dace2131f

hi all,

im facing this problem while installing oracle 12c.

in prerequiste checks step.

Environment variable: "PATH" - This test checks whether the length of the environment variable "PATH" does not exceed the recommended length. Details:

-

PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"  - Cause:  Environment variable value could not be determined.  - Action:  Check user equivalence and whether the user has administrative privileges on the node.

i have minimize the PATH length but still im facing the problem can anyone pls assist me in this ASAP.

• 1. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c
          Srini Chavali-Oracle

There is no "ASAP" or "urgent" in these forums - for such situations, pl create an SR with Support

The issue is likely identified in the error message - are you executing the installer with admin privileges ?

• 2. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c

ya i have installed it using admin privileage..

• 3. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c
              ora_tech

Hi,

Please could you post the last 50 lines from your Installation logfile.

Also post the o/p of command echo %PATH%

thanks,

X A H E E R

• 4. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c

log file:

INFO: *********************************************

INFO: Environment variable: "PATH": This test checks whether the length of the environment variable "PATH" does not exceed the recommended length.

INFO: Severity:CRITICAL

INFO: OverallStatus:OPERATION_FAILED

INFO: -----------------------------------------------

INFO: Verification Result for Node:01hw327945

WARNING: Result values are not available for this verification task

INFO: ****************** CVU Error logs ******************

INFO: FINE: [Task.perform:479] 

TaskCheckEnvVariable:Environment variable: "PATH"[TASKCHECKENVVARIABLE]:TASK_START

INFO: FINE: [Task.perform:500] 

m_nodeList='01hw327945'

INFO: ERROR: [Result.addErrorDescription:607]  PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"

INFO: ERROR: [Result.addErrorDescription:618]  PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"

INFO: FINE: [Task.perform:580] 

TaskCheckEnvVariable:Environment variable: "PATH"[TASKCHECKENVVARIABLE]:TASK_SUMMARY:FAILED:CRITICAL:OPERATION_FAILED

ERRORMSG(01hw327945): PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"

INFO: *************** End of CVU Error logs ***************

INFO: All forked task are completed at state performChecks

INFO: Completed background operations

INFO: Moved to state <performChecks>

INFO:  Expected and Actual value not found

INFO: Pause Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Installer

INFO: Resume Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Installer

INFO: Adding ExitStatus USER_CANCELLED_INSTALL to the exit status set

INFO: Finding the most appropriate exit status for the current application

INFO: Exit Status is 4

INFO: Shutdown Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Installer

INFO: Unloading Setup Driver

INFO: inventory location isC:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory

INFO: copying log file C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OraInstall2014-06-17_05-47-26PM\oraInstall2014-06-17_05-47-26PM.err into C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs\oraInstall2014-06-17_05-47-26PM.err

INFO: inventory location isC:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory

INFO: copying log file C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OraInstall2014-06-17_05-47-26PM\oraInstall2014-06-17_05-47-26PM.out into C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs\oraInstall2014-06-17_05-47-26PM.out

PATH:

C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;%ORACLE_HOME%/bin; not defined

• 5. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c
                  ora_tech

Hi,

PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"

Please try to set PATH variable for ORACLE_HOME and try again.

thanks,

X A H E E R

• 6. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c
                    Srini Chavali-Oracle

42d3aa1d-cd58-4acf-818a-d51dace2131f wrote:

ya i have installed it using admin privileage..

Pl elaborate how exactly you did so

Failing PATH pre-requisite check installing 11g client

• 7. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c
                      Brian Bontrager

PATH:

C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;%ORACLE_HOME%/bin; not defined

Windows uses backslash "\".  You have a forward slash before bin. As others suggested, make sure ORACLE_HOME is set prior to defining PATH, or use the explicit path.

• 8. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c

hi,

I have changed the path

C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;%ORACLE_HOME%\bin;

but even i am facing the same issue ..

my log file :

INFO: *********************************************

INFO: Environment variable: "PATH": This test checks whether the length of the environment variable "PATH" does not exceed the recommended length.

INFO: Severity:CRITICAL

INFO: OverallStatus:OPERATION_FAILED

INFO: -----------------------------------------------

INFO: Verification Result for Node:01hw327945

WARNING: Result values are not available for this verification task

INFO: ****************** CVU Error logs ******************

INFO: FINE: [Task.perform:479]

TaskCheckEnvVariable:Environment variable: "PATH"[TASKCHECKENVVARIABLE]:TASK_START

INFO: FINE: [Task.perform:500]

m_nodeList='01hw327945'

INFO: ERROR: [Result.addErrorDescription:607]  PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"

INFO: ERROR: [Result.addErrorDescription:618]  PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"

INFO: FINE: [Task.perform:580]

TaskCheckEnvVariable:Environment variable: "PATH"[TASKCHECKENVVARIABLE]:TASK_SUMMARY:FAILED:CRITICAL:OPERATION_FAILED

ERRORMSG(01hw327945): PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"

INFO: *************** End of CVU Error logs ***************

INFO: All forked task are completed at state performChecks

INFO: Completed background operations

INFO: Moved to state <performChecks>

I have an ignore all options for this prerequisite check is that ok if i select that checkbox and continue with installation

waiting for the reply .....

• 9. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c

hi srini ,

I just followed the process as mentioned in doc..

I ran the setup file with admin rights privileage.

In the first step i selected "Skip software updates "

In the Select Installation Option i selected "Create and configure a database"

In the next step i selected "SERVER CLASS "type of system for installing the database

Then selected "Single instance database installation" for type of database installation

then selected "typical install " for installation method..

In Specify Oracle Home Use step i selected "use Windows Built-in Account"

In specify Installation location step , whatever i set for oracle base and oracle home is been set and i was asked for a db password ..after providing the password and clicking next

It goes for the prerequisite check where all the checks succeeds but the Environment Variable check alone fails ..

Error in detail :

Environment variable: "PATH" - This test checks whether the length of the environment variable "PATH" does not exceed the recommended length. Details:

-

PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"  - Cause:  Environment variable value could not be determined.  - Action:  Check user equivalence and whether the user has administrative privileges on the node."

I have an ignore all options for this prerequisite check is that ok if  i select that checkbox and continue with installation

• 10. Re: Installation problem in Oracle 12c
                            Srini Chavali-Oracle

I ran the setup file with admin rights privileage.

Pl confirm that you right-clicked setup.exe and chose "run as administrator"