Both CRS and RDBMS is 188.8.131.52.0
- Shutdown Database and GI services on one node.
- Perform full tar backup of both oracle homes
- umount the old storgae file system
- mount new staorage disk on same mount point and directory structure
- untar backup
- Make sure all files extacrted successfully.
- startup GI services and Database services.
- If you do not face any issue then perform same steps on node-2
If there is a failure then you can mount the old mount point which will serve as a backup.
Oracle recommends it to clone you oracle homes. Both options are applicable. But personally i will follow approach-1.
Please refer MOS tech notes:
How to Clone an 184.108.40.206 Grid Infrastructure Home and Clusterware (Doc ID 1413846.1)
Minimal downtime patching via cloning 11gR2 ORACLE_HOME directories (Doc ID 1136544.1)
Hope this helps
X A H E E R
You can do this by storage, if it supports features such as "Remote Mirror" or Virtualization.
Also easily solved by the OS (AIX) as add/remove Luns on a Volume Group and on ASM (Oracle) is a simple task adding and remove ASMDISK ... without downtime to both operation.
NONE changes on Oracle Software or Database is necessary.
I have done this task many times, it is simple and transparent to Oracle Database/Clusterware
The AIX and Oracle is designed to do this task in a transparent way.