3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 3:44 AM by 1761420

Closed for Receiving -- Purchasing

I have 9 lines on the PO/ and on the receipt. The status on the last line it showing Closed for Receiving on the Purchase order and Receipts while we do the PO match.

Due to this the taxes on the last line is not copied over to the Invoice and there is a difference while doing the Invoice Payment.

Could any one one let me know whats Closed for Receiving

Regards

• 1. Re: Closed for Receiving -- Purchasing
          PranitSaha

"Closed for Receiving" indicates that you won't be able to create a receipts for the PO shipment.

The status is generated in one of the following conditions:

1. You have fully received the PO Shipment quantity.

2. Your PO shipment is 2 way.

3. Receipt Close tolerance is 100%.

• 2. Re: Closed for Receiving -- Purchasing

Hi,

"Closed for Receiving" indicates that you won't be able to create a receipts for the particular  PO shipment.

Purchasing automatically closes your purchase order for receipt when it is fully received. You can manually close partially received purchase orders if you no longer expect any more receipts against them.

Close for invoicing and close for receiving are managed using tolerances. You can specify that when you have received a certain percentage of a shipment, Purchasing will close the receipt.

This can be achieved throgh the Receipt Close % tolerance for your shipments. Purchasing automatically closes a shipment for receiving if it is within the receiving closing tolerance at the receiving close point.

You can set up Receipt Close % tolerance in Purchasing Options window in Default tab.

"Closed for Receiving" is a soft close, and you can reopen the receipt. Purchasing rolls up closing to the line and header level, and "Closed" information does not show in the Open Purchase Orders Report. Also, if there is a remaining balance, closed quantities are no longer visible as supply scheduled receipts to MRP/ATP.

Please let me know if you need more information on this .

Please mark this answer as correct if you find this as correct answer.

Regards,

Piyush Kudawale.

• 3. Re: Closed for Receiving -- Purchasing

Hi,

Please let me know if you need more information on this .

Please mark my above answer as correct if you find this as correct answer.

Regards,

Piyush Kudawale.