7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 1:55 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

Posting Replies

Hi

I have posted a number of replies to questions, but they have disappeared into thin air.

On the FAQ page, it says I should click the preview button - I don't have one to click only a comment button. I have managed to get feedback from moderators rejecting one comment and accepting another, but for the most part I get nothing, is there anything I am doing wrong ?

• 1. Re: Posting Replies
          sb92075

8659790b-34b8-4730-bcea-1f64d138e5da wrote:

Hi

I have posted a number of replies to questions, but they have disappeared into thin air.

On the FAQ page, it says I should click the preview button - I don't have one to click only a comment button. I have managed to get feedback from moderators rejecting one comment and accepting another, but for the most part I get nothing, is there anything I am doing wrong ?

This one worked.

Since we don't know what exactly you are doing, we can NOT know what you are doing wrong.

Is it error of commission? (are you doing something wrong?)

Is it error of omission? (Are you not doing what needs to be done?)

• 2. Re: Posting Replies

Hi

Thanks I think I got it - there is a bug in the forum software. :-).

I am in Communications View --> click title of discussion, opens up a panel with discussion. Clicking on reply, typing in a comment and clicking comment does absolutely nothing !

If I however then click on the title again, I am able to add comments.

• 3. Re: Posting Replies
              sb92075

Hi

Thanks I think I got it - there is a bug in the forum software. :-).

I am in Communications View --> click title of discussion, opens up a panel with discussion. Clicking on reply, typing in a comment and clicking comment does absolutely nothing !

If I however then click on the title again, I am able to add comments.

I click on "Reply" button.

Enter my text & comments

then click on blue "Add Reply" button.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

• 4. Re: Posting Replies

Hi

Don't understand what you mean when you say problem betweeen keyboard and chair, do you mean the user (me) ?

• 5. Re: Posting Replies
                  sb92075

Hi

Don't understand what you mean when you say problem betweeen keyboard and chair, do you mean the user (me) ?

If you are not responsible, then who is?

• 6. Re: Posting Replies

Hi

Well I guess Oracle.....

What does reply mean ? What does add comment meant ? I was able to type text in at this point so I must have been following their interface. I then had a comment and cancel button. Does comment also mean cancel ? If they both do nothing, why have them ? why have the reply button at all if not accessible from this screen ?

I didn't' write this interface...

:-)

• 7. Re: Posting Replies
                      Nicolas.Gasparotto

Discussion moved to Feedback forum for better alignment.

Nicolas.