3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2014 5:01 AM by Tracey Maycock-Oracle RSS

iPlanet 7.0.15 TLS1.2

A have the question, that oracle iplanet 7.0.15 support the TLS1.2 version or not?

If yes, how can i configure it, if not the the latest (7.0.19?) supports it or not?

(If there is any Doc. link also, i will be appreciated..)

Thank You, best regards,

Ferenc Junkert

• 1. Re: iPlanet 7.0.15 TLS1.2
          Tracey Maycock-Oracle

Hi Ferenc,

Currently iPlanet Web Server 7.0 does not support the TLS 1.2 protocol.

If you are looking for TLS 1.2 support in an Oracle product, you will need to take a look at Fusion Middleware Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) 12c.

• 2. Re: iPlanet 7.0.15 TLS1.2

Hello Tracey and others!

Still same forecast from the iPlanet / Oracle side regarding to iPlanet TLS 1.1 or 1.2?

Looking forward on the SSLv3 POODLE BUG reason the iPlanet begin not to be a long term prospective. TLS1.0 has 2 type of algorithm....

How about the OHS side? I am interested in usage of

- Reverse proxy

- T Series - Crypto support

- Performance monitoring and tuning on instance level (Active/Keepalive Session count, queue lenght)

thank you, best regards,

• 3. Re: iPlanet 7.0.15 TLS1.2
              Tracey Maycock-Oracle

Hi Ferenc,

The use of the later TLS protocols with the iPlanet product suite is still under review. No decision has been confirmed yet.

With regards to your queries on OHS.

1] OHS is based on Apache, and ships with both mod_proxy, mod_rewrite and mod_wl. So if the backend in a Weblogic Server, then mod_wl is recommended, but otherwise mod_proxy can be used for simple reverse proxying, and mod_rewrite for anything a little more complex.

2] I believe offloading the SSL workload to the inbuilt functionality of the T servers is not supported with OHS at this time, but that it may be introduced at some point in the future.

3] The OHS can be monitored using the EM application if OHS is installed as part of an existing Weblogic Server domain. Otherwise there are some DMS metrics that can be collected directly from the server, or the Apache 'server-status' URL can be enabled that provides some of those details.