2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 6:18 PM by Hien RSS

Bad Request - The HTTP client sent a request that this server could not understand.

Hien

Hi,

Run into this issue (in Firefox and Chrome) in Apex 4.2 Classic Report when I try to display 10 rows, down from the previous display of 200 (i.e. [1] displayed 10 successfully; [2] displayed 200 successfully; [3] displayed 10 resulted in error). I've looked at the debug info there is nothing obvious, no errors.

When the error occurs the URL is reduced to:

<my-db-server>:8080/apex/wwv_flow.accept

That is, running APEX directly from the database server.

Been reading other posts but they seem to be different problems to mine:

oracle.apex.com - 400 Bad Request

Bad Request Error on Submit - Tabular Form

I am using :

• Classic Report with "SQL Query (PL/SQL function body returning SQL query)".
      • Template 26 Standard
      • Pagination Scheme: Row Ranges X to Y (no pagination)
      • Number of Rows: 200
      • Maximum Row Count: 200

Can anyone please shed some light?

Thanks

-H

• 1. Re: Bad Request - The HTTP client sent a request that this server could not understand.
          Tom Petrus

Are you using any kind of input item in the query, such as apex_item calls or html output, or is any column set to display as some kind of input item (eg checkbox), or do you have a row selector? (in other words, can it be or is it a sort of tabular form?)

• 2. Re: Bad Request - The HTTP client sent a request that this server could not understand.
            Hien

Hi Tom,

Yes, it is a tabular form based on a read-only relational views (user selects to switch between views) but it does not insert, update, delete record.

I have apex_item (text, hidden, checboxes), md5. By row selector, do you mean like f01_0001, f01_0002 etc. then yes I have one generated by APEX for on hidden item. I use this to generate the rest of the columns (e.g. f02_0001, f03_0001 etc).

I have successfully displayed 1,000 rows with no issue. I am getting Bad Request when select the number of rows for lower count, from a drop down list eg 10.

Been fiddling around, setting max rows to 500, rows to display from the drop-down list (with values of 10, 20, 50, 100, 150). That works fine now. I can display up to 150 rows per page and can navigate to back/fro using Next/Previous with no issues.

Adding 160 to the list I get the error again. Perhaps I should stick to 150 as max rows to display on a page.

Regards

-H