Grid Infrastructure is part of the same 220.127.116.11 patchset that you downloaded the RDBMS software from Metalink. The RDBMS software is files 1 and 2. GI is file 3 in the patchset.
Are you going to use Fail Safe or RAC One Node? You should use one or the other, but not both. If you use Fail Safe, then the regular non-RAC version of Oracle should be used. If you are going to use RAC One Node, then it will require GI which will be essentially doing the job of Fail Safe in this case.
Thanks for your answer. I understand that I mixed up the concepts.
I will use Fail Safe. Do I need to choose Single instance database installation and do I need to have this install process on both nodes seperately?
I think I will need to give Oracle Base and Software Location paths from the storage that is used by both nodes. If I need to install both nodes seperately will I need to give the same path and location during my second node installation?
That link could be helpful for OP for understading active/paasive configuration in GI configuration. My intention was to inform you that OP requesting information about Failsafe. You can keep that link.
Please refer it could help you:
X A H E E R
I've checked the link above and got the general idea but still couldn't find a step by step guide for an installation best practice.
I just found this:
- Install Windows on both servers.
- Install MSCS (if applicable) and create the cluster.
- Install Oracle Database Software on each node’s local disks, using the same Oracle Home directory.
- Create the Oracle database on one node using the shared disk for storage.
- Install Oracle Fail Safe on each node in the cluster.
- Configure the cluster using the Fail Safe manager.
;Anyone experienced a failsafe setup can confirm the above installation sequence?