2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2014 11:27 AM by user12943652 RSS

FNDLOAD for Alerts

Hi,

I am using FNDLOAD command to download Alert Distribution. The Alert Distribution List is downloaded successfully. But it looks like that the FNDLOAD is also downloading some historical changes made to the distribution list. Same is happening for Alert Definitions. Infact when I try to upload the downloaded Alert definition file it fails with the error: Unique constraint violated; which makes sense as the loader is trying to load same Alert definition multiple time with little differences in data and time.

See below an excerpt from the ldt file for Alert Distribution List. I just want the latest data to be downloaded only not the older one:

BEGIN ALR_DISTRIBUTION_LISTS "PO" "FZ EMAIL LIST" ""
        OWNER = "C4748"
        DESCRIPTION = "For Notifications related to PO Documents"
        TO_RECIPIENTS = "&Email"
        CC_RECIPIENTS =
      "ferguson@xx.org, c4748@xx.org, emailpo@xx.org"
        ENABLED_FLAG = "Y"
        LAST_UPDATE_DATE = "2014/06/24"
      END ALR_DISTRIBUTION_LISTS

BEGIN ALR_DISTRIBUTION_LISTS "PO" "FZ EMAIL LIST"
      "2014/06/24 17:30:50"
        OWNER = "C4748"
        DESCRIPTION = "For Notifications related to PO Documents"
        TO_RECIPIENTS = "&Email"
        CC_RECIPIENTS =
      "c4748@xx.org, ax987@xx.org,c399@xx.org"
        ENABLED_FLAG = "N"
        LAST_UPDATE_DATE = "2014/06/24"
      END ALR_DISTRIBUTION_LISTS

• 1. Re: FNDLOAD for Alerts
          user12943652

Do you have two distribution lists defined for "FZ EMAIL LIST"?  The first just has "" (2 double quotes) as the third parameter on the BEGIN ALR_DISTRIBUTION_LISTS... statement while the second one has the date/time there (on the second line,  not sure if this is just how you posted it to this forum).  The values in the CC_RECIPENTS is definitely different between the two of them.

• 2. Re: FNDLOAD for Alerts
            user12943652

Also, I have found and reported errors in the lct files.  So there may actually be something wrong with the Download or Upload section of the alert lct file.  Wouldn't hurt to look at it.  It is man readable and you can actually pull out the statements in the download sections and run them to see what  results you would get.